Quantcast

quick questions. shermans and avids

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
i just go a sherman firefly and an avid 203mm front mech disc brake. as you know (and so did, i just wasn't thinking) Manitou shermans are post mounts and avids come will 203mm addapters for SI mount. doh, just one more delay! is there an addaptor (ocourse there is but i don't know what it is) that will make it fit? i order stuff from a canadian distributer Lambert do any shopkeeps know that product code. i looked but it only obviously displayed adapters for SI mounts it meantioned one as "post mount addapter" or something like that(what is that?). or shop me where else i could order from (www.jensonusa.com?)

2ed question is what is the biggest tire that i can fin inside a sherman firefly on a 26' Alex DX32 (32mm wide) rim? can it clear a 2.8 michi?

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I think you can just take off the IS adaptor and plug the CPS hardware directly into the post mounts without any adaptor, at least that's the way it's supposed to work with 6" rotors.

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
Originally posted by Kornphlake
I think you can just take off the IS adaptor and plug the CPS hardware directly into the post mounts without any adaptor, at least that's the way it's supposed to work with 6" rotors.
if you mean putting all four CPS washers under the caliper, it does not work. thanks though

from jenson USA

Item: 74mm Post, Man T.A.00-04, 98-15072 is used to mount 8" Hayes disc brakes on 20mm throughaxle forks with 74mm post mounts. It cannot be used to put 8" brakes on a standard quick release fork with 74mm post mounts.
is this what i'm looking for?

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
I'm too lazy to do the research, but I just put an 8" Hayes on a Slider.

I used this adapter: HY9815072; 74/8" adapter, 00-04 Manitou T-A (74mm) ; - For 2000 X-Vert Carbon + Millenium Through-Axle forks with 74mm Post-Mount
- Use only with 8 in. rotor / in.74 in. caliper brake kit

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by HTFR

2ed question is what is the biggest tire that i can fin inside a sherman firefly on a 26' Alex DX32 (32mm wide) rim? can it clear a 2.8 michi?
Michi 2.8 on a 521 fits fine...