Quantcast

Quirky/odd/unusual California Coast hotels?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm in a bit of a bind, maybe the good folk on the monkey :rofl: can help me out.

I need to book a hotel somewhere along the California coast south of SF, hopefully south of Santa Cruz, for New Years eve. I was hoping for something unusual, something kind of funky, but not filthy and not a stay where I am going to get video taped getting gutted by some guy in a pig mask.

The little lady and I hemmed and hawed too much, and I am having a hard time figuring something out.

Any suggestions?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Two night minimum. Want to be in LA on the 1st, back to PHX on the 2nd.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I was kidding...check the link, the place used to be way cool. Now its derelect. I used to drive by it all the time on my way to the beach. Elvis stayed there, prolly banged Anne Margaret there too. One can dream anyway...

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Joker, looked at that. All booked up.

Does anyone know of any hot springs in the region? Our first date weekend was partly spent at the Sierra Hot Springs, which other than the very strange hippie vibe of the place, and the leering Russian tourists who I think were mostly there to watch people **** in the open pools, it wasn't a bad place. Well, the food sucked, but we found a great Mexican place down the road, but that's not the point.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Assuming you can't or don't want to throw down for the Post Ranch Inn, how about Nepenthe or Deetjen's in Big Sur?

Regardless, don't forget to send us the mug shots.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
fvck the coast...just stay at the chateau marmont in LA.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
yes.

i'm not sure if the "belushi bungalow" labeled as such.
I think I am saving that for my bachelor party. Might be two dead funny guys after that party on that suite's karma tab, but it'd be worth it.