Quantcast

Racing in Canada

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
FYI for all those planning to race in Canada this year, looks like you will need a $150 UCI license. No More one day licenses, but the UCI will cover your Norba license as well.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
My responce from Kevin MacCuish <kevin@cycling.bc.ca>
"As a resident of the US, you will need to purchase an international license from USA Cycling if you intend to race in Canada. Apparently, past staff had an informal policy of ignoring this particular inconvenient aspect of the UCI rules (that a national [or regional] federation may only issue licenses to those who reside within that nation). However, it has become quite clear to us that we can no longer permit this to happen. I know that this is not consistent with what has been done in the past; for that, I apologize. Had this been administered correctly in the past, then it would not now be an issue.
Kevin
"

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
DOOD!

Just a heads up to all the Americans that race in Canuckistan and buy the $25 event insurance.
This DOES NOT cover you as an US citizen.
I have been purchasing these things at every Canadian event I've entered. When I wrecked my back in 05 at Sun Peaks, I tried to get it covered under that insurance, and the Canadian cycling body told me about the little "loophole" in the system. They basically told me I was effed, and didn't even offer me some KY jelly. M'er effers.

So there you go.