Quantcast

Radar detectors...

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
No, for the stated reasons already.
And why in God's name would you need one in a 2.slow?
That's funny how everyone call this car the 2.slow.. You won't win a 1/4 mile race but It actually is plenty fast (125?) and definitely enough for a ticket.. My first ticket in the US was in one of those jettas about 8 years ago. 94 in a 75.. oops

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
get them for about 2k and they get installed in your car, when u get taged by the cops it bounces back a mixed signal and they cant say how fast u were going.
are you sure those are legal? according to the fcc, any device that emits destructive interference is illegal.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
That's funny how everyone call this car the 2.slow.. You won't win a 1/4 mile race but It actually is plenty fast (125?) and definitely enough for a ticket.. My first ticket in the US was in one of those jettas about 8 years ago. 94 in a 75.. oops
115 HP at the crank (and his is a MkIV...400lbs heavier than the older ones)...I dunno Mani, I drove a few and they felt like gutless pigs, even more so than my old beaten down Honda. Granted, you can speed in any car given low enough gearing...

Looks like I should be looking for the Beltronics.

In other news, my Bentley manual came today. Holy ****. :shocked:

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
115 HP at the crank (and his is a MkIV...400lbs heavier than the older ones)...I dunno Mani, I drove a few and they felt like gutless pigs, :shocked:
Lol.. They are not rocket ship but coming from France where I was used to drive 1.2 liter engine compacts I thought it was fast enough especially whne pushing the gears. I admit with a slushbox the car would be an absolute disaster!!!

Anyway, radar detectors are good. Last big ticket I got was on highway 6 near Tonopah when the battery had ran out on mine!! Get one that doesn't require batteries ;)