Quantcast

rampage course photos

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Wow, it's like the Sierra Club showed up and forced them to turn the course into a multi-use bike path. Stupid and fun at the same time...

...like some women I know. :biggrin:

gratiflying

Chimp
Apr 12, 2007
doesn't seem like freecaster is doing a live feed or anyone else for that matter...

not on freecaster schedule for event coverage and language"follow it on freecaster" not promissing when most other events read "live webcast"... sucks...

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Part of me says 'oh it's a circus... where is the popcorn and candy floss?'

The other part says OMFG GTFO HOW FVKIN AWESOME IS THAT!

Any otd entries? I'm sure I could ... oh , no wait... :biggrin: Massive respect to the competitors, and hope it works out well for your insurance company.

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
just out of curiosity, what's up with those Lacundraguy guys? Why aren't they on the list?
I heard "some of the dirtjump guys already showed up and decided it was too crazy and backed out" or something along those lines from nsmb. Which may or may not have any reputable sources to back it up. Don't quote me on it.

RaID

Turbo Monkey
I was able to get some sneak peeks from practice. This is going to be intense! :)

:rofl::popcorn:
thats just gold

ill be honest ive been always a fan of the rampage events due their choose your own line natural approach, definitely pushes the boundary of the sport

Not too sure im liking the idea of these wooden stunts being built.

Dont get me wrong im impressed, theyre crazy but I dont want to see this event turn into another slopestyle.
I want to see the lines be hard to ride and not necessarily be tricked

Hey I could be proven wrong, im sure the sport will progress into a new level after this weekend.

I still remember seeing the first photo if Super T hucking that 30ft drop, still looks crazy to this day.

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
:rofl::popcorn:
thats just gold

ill be honest ive been always a fan of the rampage events due their choose your own line natural approach, definitely pushes the boundary of the sport

Not too sure im liking the idea of these wooden stunts being built.

Dont get me wrong im impressed, theyre crazy but I dont want to see this event turn into another slopestyle.
I want to see the lines be hard to ride and not necessarily be tricked

Hey I could be proven wrong, im sure the sport will progress into a new level after this weekend.

I still remember seeing the first photo if Super T hucking that 30ft drop, still looks crazy to this day.
This is far from a slopestyle, it will never be as easy as a slopestyle competition, in regards to terrain and line selection. A few pre built lines don't immediately mean its the new boneyard, thats still good old Utah ground they have to land on and pin it through to make it down. This is just the 'evolution', hence the name.

RaID

Turbo Monkey
This is far from a slopestyle, it will never be as easy as a slopestyle competition, in regards to terrain and line selection. A few pre built lines don't immediately mean its the new boneyard, thats still good old Utah ground they have to land on and pin it through to make it down. This is just the 'evolution', hence the name.

Lets hope though thats what i want to see,
i guess you get this impression from the photos posted on the net, without seeing the overall course and you base you internet opinions on that

Cant wait to see footage of it

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
Lets hope though thats what i want to see,
i guess you get this impression from the photos posted on the net, without seeing the overall course and you base you internet opinions on that

Cant wait to see footage of it
yeah im clearly not attending and have never been anywhere near it. so im in the same boat as everyone else. pictures on the web. but it doesnt look like their flagging the riders runs directly into buffed, tame landings so there is still the same style of line choosing happening. this also takes less time for riders to worry about scouting areas to gap and build and test stunts. before it was on dirt but wood is a lot more consistent and easier to maintain and does bring another element to the event, because there were always gaps/hips/dirt lips....kyle strait threw down one of the hugest no handers in the last one. i dont know why everyone is getting so hyped people might be able to pull tricks on a few wooden takeoffs. berrecloth was doing indian airs his first time there...only difference is now its more than some dirt. they just pre built and streamlined some things imo.

Last edited:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
"You're world downhill mountain bike champion, What the hell are you doing here?!?!"

"it's like a ski jump and the landing is flat. If you don't make it, you have maybe 10m down...you die dude, for sure, you're done..."

"HOLY FvCK"

hahaha I love the commentary by Warner and CG.

Last edited:

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
This isn't going to be a glorified slopestyle.
Sure, they might trick some of the jumps...but almost everyone is on a big dual crown rig (except Paul Bas and Bourdon).
Those drop-in chutes are nasty!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
They could modify it a bit by adding a parachute and an anchor. That would boost my confidence. Later they could sell it as rampage edition. I'm sure pinkbike would love it ;)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Yeah that's why I was wondering why everybody was counting to se Evil on the rampage.

BTW. If the turner was available earlier I'd wet my pants for it also ;)