Quantcast

random aussie dirt jump pics

pot

Chimp
Oct 5, 2001
waikato, New Zealand.
nice looking trails you got there. keep them secret or they might get plowed as ours did because little groms started blabbing and mums started worring, so diggers started destroying and riders started crying.

CTR

Chimp
Sep 1, 2002
Australia
my LBS actualy got the dirt from out local council, delivered, so we also have a whole heap of "little kid" jumps (heaps of small table tops) and we help them out when they need to be fixed up. stops the kids killing them self on the larger jumps and they also have something of their own. it's a pretty good system. the real problem is that it's public so you get guys who ride and jump but never fix up landings when they case and never put in any time when we do get more dirt, then they bitch when they don't like the angle of the take off, or the gap is too small etc, normaly have to put in 15-30 minutes maintance each week before it jumpable, but i guess thats life.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I know you probably don't want to say where this is but I plan on visiting an old roommate in Sydney in about 3 months. Are there trails near Sydney? Is it worth brining a mtb or a bmx bike would be better?

CTR

Chimp
Sep 1, 2002
Australia
the trails are in brisbane, about 10 hours drive north of sydney.

barnett rd
ashgrove
brisbane
queensland

we're not really into the hiding trails much, it's cool when people like Chris Kovarik rock up and hit the jumps you help to build.

Attachments

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i like jumps that are fast and more mtb friendly, not all death
steep.:dead: steep:dead:
fast:cool: fast:D
have a look at mine in the thread below

CTR

Chimp
Sep 1, 2002
Australia
thats a mad sequence photo of your trails BCD, ours don't really flow really well, we have a huge steep hill we use as a start ramp so we just have sets of jumps all facing the same direction.