Quantcast

Random new bike thread

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Interested to see what this new Turner looks like. Their sizing on the Nitrous HT wouldn't work too well for me on paper, L looks small, XL looks huge.

1681147265576.png

@Scrub and @scrublover clearly need to add to their fleets.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Interested to see what this new Turner looks like. Their sizing on the Nitrous HT wouldn't work too well for me on paper, L looks small, XL looks huge.
As far as sizing on the Nitrous, you may want to play around on a large to see if it fits.
I ride a large in both my Ripmo V2 and Megatower 2, but my Nitrous is a medium and it fits me well
For me, hardtails get wonky when the reach and TT are too long and the front end dives. I ride this bike the most by far.
1681311502475.jpeg
1681311502475.jpeg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
As far as sizing on the Nitrous, you may want to play around on a large to see if it fits.
I ride a large in both my Ripmo V2 and Megatower 2, but my Nitrous is a medium and it fits me well
For me, hardtails get wonky when the reach and TT are too long and the front end dives. I ride this bike the most by far.
View attachment 192338View attachment 192338
Not looking right now, it's just high on my list if my 12+ year old Lynskey Ti 29er gives up on me. The L would probably work (edit: with a mile of seatpost). Hate to think how short the reach probably is on the Lynskey, I have a 100mm stem on it :p

Last edited:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
New Devinci Chainsaw enderpo bike. "Affordable" (by today's standards at least), dual crown and mullet compatible, and nice geo:

SRAM SX is garbage though...
If Devinci ditched the SX for a single speed set up and used the budget for better brakes it’d be a far better spec for park use.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I like Devinci and want to be behind them, being a Canadian brand making some of their bikes in Canada. But yeah every time I look at them they get uglier, especially the Wilson. And their parts spec is not great - they are up there with a few other brands calling builds "XT" or whatever, when only one component is at that level.

Or in this case you build a sweet bike and put THOSE brakes on it. :confused:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I like Devinci and want to be behind them, being a Canadian brand making some of their bikes in Canada. But yeah every time I look at them they get uglier, especially the Wilson. And their parts spec is not great - they are up there with a few other brands calling builds "XT" or whatever, when only one component is at that level.

Or in this case you build a sweet bike and put THOSE brakes on it. :confused:
I remember looking at a Wilson when they first came out, it had a plastic headset. There ended my interest.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
So after normally awesome Propain shat the bed with the stupid routing on the new Tyee, now Yeti brings out a 27.5" play bike with normal routing? What the hell is going on?

What made me surprised is changes to their suspension which seem like minor but odd decisions but yeah always assumed they are a rider owned company so what is that BS?

Btw. Why is the Bird Bikes thing of chosing external/internal routing not an option on all bikes? They just use the "holes" for guides for the external routing

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria

Since we do not get too many new dh frames anymore, it's a welcome surprise to see the new glory taking shape and looking ready for production. If they get the price right, we may finally have another worthy platform for the budget conscious racer. The old aluminium glory was a real workhorse and this frame is lookin sexy.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Pretty rare, havent seen one of these before:View attachment 193133
That's actually the older version (non-idler, interrupted seatpost). There's actually a guy near me who's got one, said it descends pretty well but the seatpost thing was infuriating. He had like a 125mm post on his size medium and it was still couldn't fully slam it, said it was a tad too high.