Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
When I was but a wee-lad, my Uncle took myself, my little brother, and his at the time girlfriend over Ophir Pass. It rained like a mother-fucker the entire time. In what has got to be the almost exact same spot as this picture, the rear end of Dale's truck started doing it's damnedest to pass the front end, in the mud. Girlfriend and us kids all bailed out and walked that whole stretch in the pouring rain while Dale nursed that old toyota 4x4 across the cut to where the road got sufficiently rocky again for there to be traction. I need to take the wife and kid up their sometime for lulz. /coolstorybro.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
When I was but a wee-lad, my Uncle took myself, my little brother, and his at the time girlfriend over Ophir Pass. It rained like a mother-fucker the entire time. In what has got to be the almost exact same spot as this picture, the rear end of Dale's truck started doing it's damnedest to pass the front end, in the mud. Girlfriend and us kids all bailed out and walked that whole stretch in the pouring rain while Dale nursed that old toyota 4x4 across the cut to where the road got sufficiently rocky again for there to be traction. I need to take the wife and kid up their sometime for lulz. /coolstorybro.
Ah yes, I've had my GPS tell me the best way from Crested Butte to Aspen was over Schofield Pass. Luckily I know better than that, though the signs on the road to Schofield Pass would indicate that quite a few people don't.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Ah yes, I've had my GPS tell me the best way from Crested Butte to Aspen was over Schofield Pass. Luckily I know better than that, though the signs on the road to Schofield Pass would indicate that quite a few people don't.
My then GPS attempted that route ~10 years ago when I was trying to get back to Denver from CB. I declined to follow the instructions.