Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
GM engineering has been a monster in the last decade or so, G8, SS, Camaro ZL1, 1LE, Z/28, ATS-V, CTS-V, Stingray, Z06, ZR-1. Hoping for good things.
The idea of a 4 litre twin turbo that pushes 800+ hp in it just makes me excited. Rumour is 4 engine options, 2 forced induction, 2 NA. And for about $150k, its kind of a steal.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Hmn, I heard two engine options, plus some partial diagrams of the turbo setup have been uncovered (if they are accurate). I don't know if they'd go to 800hp, that's well past what the germans are pushing out of 4 liter blocks and probably would take much more exotic materials and turbo setups than even they are using, and as a mid-engine chassis it shouldn't really need that much HP to make the other cars cry. 600hp with the right chassis tuning would edge out the 911 GT2, if it ends up at 650hp that is nothing to scoff at, especially if the torque is pretty flat (area under the curve). I think we are seeing some of the last great V8 and manual cars though, we'll see more hybrids with autos/DCTs and they won't need huge engines to slingshot out of corners when assisted by electrics, so grab em while you can!