Quantcast

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Wow....to say I have a truly white trash cousin would be an understatement. Pic from something involving her friends at a birthday weekend. Avert your eyes if you are afraid of tainted cougar meat:

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
Wow....to say I have a truly white trash cousin would be an understatement. Pic from something involving her friends at a birthday weekend. Avert your eyes if you are afraid of tainted cougar meat:

wow! :eek:
first time in the history of RM that those NSFW tags are a bare necessity.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I'm going to go with... 9. +rep if I'm right, -rep if I'm wrong. If I got it wrong I deserve the -rep.
HA... I owe you a pos..... I have given out too much rep in the last 24 hours

Good job though on not over thinking what is a simple equation

Is it 1? Hated maths at school.

nope, its nine like curb jumper said........ You did good with the pemdas though, except the divide doesnt apply with this one....... It reads as

six over two(fraction) not six divided by two............

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
nope, its nine like curb jumper said........ You did good with the pemdas though, except the divide doesnt apply with this one....... It reads as

six over two(fraction) not six divided by two............
Doesn't matter if you read it as a fraction or division since mathematically, they're the same.

Parenthesis first, then you do multiplication and division in order left-to-right.

So 6/2(2+1) = 6/2(3) = 3(3) = 9

Fractionally it'd be:
Code:
6           6         6   3   18   9
- * (2+1) = - * (3) = - * - = -- = -
2           2         2   1   2    1

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Doesn't matter if you read it as a fraction or division since mathematically, they're the same.

Parenthesis first, then you do multiplication and division in order left-to-right.

Fractionally it'd be:
Code:
now I can really hear the simpsons proffesor voice as I read this, lolz

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
It amazes me to see people yelling their "logical thinking" at others... after giving the wrong answer. :D

This one is a classical one, but it's a bit more subtle to solve: 2 equals 1
I just took a look at that. He divides by zero. So its infinity = infinity.

*And up until now I haven't bothered to solve that.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

Fractionally it'd be:
Code:
Actually if it were six divide by 2 multiplied by what is in the parenthesis.. it would come to one.

You would factor the parenthesis, multiply that by the two to get six, then divide...... with the beginning being a fraction you still need to solve the fraction first.... and yes, the answer is nine

EDIT.... whats funny about the equation, is it went back and forth for almost a year on a math forum, both sides battling as to the answer being nine or one.... both had logical answers...... till one day the professor who wrote it came out and said the 6/2 was to be understood as a fraction, not as a division.

Last edited:

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand

That is so funny. I have one of those dogs - English Toy Terrier - and he hates water just as much as this one does.

Heres Toby when he was a puppy looking his normal chilled out self.....not.
These dogs are highly strung but incredibly loyal and protective. The breed is a cross between an Italian Grey Hound and a Daschund.

He love to run but gets tired pretty quickly so he is only out with me on shorter rides.