Quantcast

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
crazy horse lady

with lots and lots of horses

they grow up in a cult in CA. It makes them blind.
Mountainbikers can be pretty fucking annoying and they do ride walking only trails, not saying it's the case in your area though.
When I turn up to the trailhead I like to open all my car doors and crank some Dave Matthews Band so the horsie and walkie people know I'm one of the good ones.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

time to act like an adult and over pay, bitches!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
time to act like an adult and over pay, bitches!

A friend of mine who has one had mentioned they were up there. His is likely still new in the box from the 80's. He was not right, just saying. Mine would have been lit on fire by the end of year 1.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
people don't believe me when I say I started riding dirtbikes because I needed something safer to do

just comparatively, that seems absurdly high for dh mountainbiking...

Yeah, that would probably mean a few corpses a week at a big resort like Whistler.

I used to be socially adjacent to a group of skydivers and that bunch seemed to cull themselves on a fairly regular basis. It was only directly related to skydiving about half the time, but it was directly related to extremely poor decision making 99% of the time. Seems like the sport may be a lot less dangerous than the morons attracted to it.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Yeah, that would probably mean a few corpses a week at a big resort like Whistler.

I used to be socially adjacent to a group of skydivers and that bunch seemed to cull themselves on a fairly regular basis. It was only directly related to skydiving about half the time, but it was directly related to extremely poor decision making 99% of the time. Seems like the sport may be a lot less dangerous than the morons attracted to it.
A great example of correlation=causation, methinks.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
people don't believe me when I say I started riding dirtbikes because I needed something safer to do

just comparatively, that seems absurdly high for dh mountainbiking...
I'll parrot this. I've told younger coworkers that I used to race DH and their reaction vs. those of the older* generations is very, very different. Older think it's just riding mtn bikes downhill; the younger generations that have grown up with it on TV understand how dangerous it is.

When I explain to Wifey that karting is WAY safer than if Haley had taken up mtb riding, since she was likely going to be riding Enduro or DH, she just balks. It's also probably why she doesn't see the risk difference as I do - she just sees motor=dangerous; I see consequence = dangerous.

*older being the mid-40's+. Even those my age don't get it until they are shown a video.