Quantcast

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
"Helmcken Falls is a 141 m waterfall on the Murtle River within Wells Gray Provincial Park in British Columbia, Canada. The protection of Helmcken Falls was one of the reasons for the creation of Wells Gray Provincial Park in 1939."
wth?! I've actually been there. But in the summer, so it didn't look like that. cool.
:eek: :( poor thing. wth do you do in that case?! break a hole in the ice and lead it to it?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have met a bunch of pitties and like them.
I had a few bad experiences growing up, so I avoided them out of nature. Abbey was supposed to be half Rottie half Rhodesian Ridgeback. When she got full size, it was obvious there was no Rhodesian in her and it also become obvious she's Pitty. She is seriously the sweetest dog on the planet that he no aggression towards anything and is a huge chicken. And now I've met a few and understand it was the owners that were the issue growing up.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I had a pitbull belonging to a friend of mine latch onto my wrist so hard it broke the rigid plastic splints in it supporting my already broken wrist

luckily the wrist broke again completely so that was cool

owner guy had to hit the dog in the head with a hammer while I undid the brace and slid my hand out of it, the dog never letting go.

anyone who tells you pitbull fear is unwarranted is an idiot.

All dogs can be trained poorly. The problem that is specific to pitbulls is when that happens, the consequences tend to be far worse than with other breeds because they're god damned slabs of muscle.

I think everyone's met sweet as hell pitbulls by now. But that doesn't mean the breed is not unique and presents some very real issues when it comes to them losing their shit.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
My buddy raised a pitty from 8 weeks old. She loved me and was a sweet dog until she went partially blind and then she started biting anything that was within mouth reach.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
All dogs can be trained poorly. The problem that is specific to pitbulls is when that happens, the consequences tend to be far worse than with other breeds because they're god damned slabs of muscle.
Some of my most beloved dogs in my life were/are pitbulls, it's my favorite breed hands-down, and I know ^^^ that's accurate. :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Have had two pit bull mixes. Both sweethearts but also any bites from being scared or confused would not end well so I just had to make sure I only exposed them to controlled environments.

I occasionally watch a friends dog that is half Belgian Malinois. There is no problem that dog doesn't think can be solved by murder. Thankfully not a popular breed.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Some of my most beloved dogs in my life were/are pitbulls, it's my favorite breed hands-down, and I know ^^^ that's accurate. :(
Peaty hears you.

Can confirm, when she's latched on she's hard to get released.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I had a pitbull belonging to a friend of mine latch onto my wrist so hard it broke the rigid plastic splints in it supporting my already broken wrist

luckily the wrist broke again completely so that was cool

owner guy had to hit the dog in the head with a hammer while I undid the brace and slid my hand out of it, the dog never letting go.

anyone who tells you pitbull fear is unwarranted is an idiot.

I think everyone's met sweet as hell pitbulls by now. But that doesn't mean the breed is not unique and presents some very real issues when it comes to them losing their shit.
It's not much different than with a Rottie. It's a loaded gun, basically. My Rottie was the first one service certified by Support Teams for Independence for disability work. But it could have gone either way, she was an amazing dog. If I had taught her to bite your nuts off, you'd be done. :rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's not much different than with a Rottie. It's a loaded gun, basically. My Rottie was the first one service certified by Support Teams for Independence for disability work. But it could have gone either way, she was an amazing dog. If I had taught her to bite your nuts off, you'd be done. :rofl:
wasn't aware you had ill intentions for my junk

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Is that some AI bs?
I suspect it is. I asked my cousin about it. She denies it is. I denied her request for assistance. There is no way that the houses surrounding here are in good shape. It was shitty when I was a kid. However it is true that houses in Kensington and Fishtown are being rehabbed because houses in the Suburbs of Philly are not affordable to young folks. Philly needs a lot of work to become habitable by any measure.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
for the price they are pretty bomber, I will chase down a matco truck for their brand of extractors FYI
I'll have to try to find some, we don't get Matco here but SP cordless tools are the same as Matco so I'll see if they have extractors.
Which ones?

EDIT- There's some NOS Aussie made ones that I want to try, they are now only for sale in the US.
But our dollar is so low at the moment that it's not worthwhile.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I'll have to try to find some, we don't get Matco here but SP cordless tools are the same as Matco so I'll see if they have extractors.
Which ones?

EDIT- There's some NOS Aussie made ones that I want to try, they are now only for sale in the US.
I have the 25 piece set and have never had an issue with them

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Which ones?

This site is fun: https://www.tooltruckrebrands.com/rebrands/tag/Extraction+Tools

Plenty of the big name brand equivalents ro be had at a fraction of the price.