Quantcast

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

Got out for some afternoon digging today, was riding back to the car with no helmet on and a bow saw in my hand when I spot a cop car next to mine. I thought screw it and just kept the saw in my hand and the cop was cool just said hi, no where's your helmet or have you been chopping people up with that saw?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

For CrabJoe. This exact map sat in my Grandmas Parlour on Clark Street. I would stare at it or look out the window to East Boston. It now sits in the lobby of the Antheneum Building in Cambridge.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Heh, I see my street! (Webster)

What's weird, and I can remember it so vividly as if it was yesterday, is that I would sit for hours in my little yellow plastic chair at the open third floor window on summer nights, staring at all the city lights of Boston across the harbor.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Heh, I see my street! (Webster)

What's weird, and I can remember it so vividly as if it was yesterday, is that I would sit for hours in my little yellow plastic chair at the open third floor window on summer nights, staring at all the city lights of Boston across the harbor.
I spent parts of my youth looking the other way. My dad told me that nothing on our map existed anymore. For years I believed that East Boston was a magical place that wasn't on a map yet still existed. My Grand father had to explain to me how the map had changed. He then told us that Pirates built East Boston and that USS Constitution was actually a Pirate Ship. When Massport tore down the Building at the end of Clark and North street in the 70's to repair the Sumner. I convinced all the kids in the neighborhood that the workmen were Pirates from East Boston and that they were trying to Invade the North end.