Quantcast

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
There are no vikings. "Viking" is a verb. You went a viking. You weren't "a viking". You worked with Norweigans or Swedes or people from some other frozen country. :p Also, (just as an aside) there is actually no evidence that they EVER wore horns on their helmets. (Helmets were actually quite expensive in those days in that part of the world. Only the highest ranking would have a helmet or other armour. Most were unarmoured)

Thanks history book!
I actually worked with Norwegians, Swedes, Danes and Fins for about 32months ;)
Im just going by the stories I was told when we were drinking after the job, so thanks for ruining that for me :D

Danes are allways the ones that claim to have been the true vikings btw...

Last edited:

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
Gullfoss...been there many times! Have a really cool picture of me standing near the top holding my oldest daughter who was about a year old at the time. Also been to Glymur, Skogafoss, Haifoss and several others. Best thing I ever did was take my 4x4 Blazer with me when I was there.

Last edited:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
If only that were all it took to make a guy cool....
Lolz! I got us in as a kid. in the mid 70's, Dunderave was actually owned by a Scotswoman (an American Dr. now owns it, planted trees around it to create "privacy"). Anyhow, I walked up to the lady, who happened to be having lawnmower issues, and asked that if my dad got her mower going would she allow us in for a tour? Luckily, my non-mechanical dad gave one pull and it roared to life, so tour on! And a good time was had by all, non cool kids and chubby dads included! :)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Lolz! I got us in as a kid. in the mid 70's, Dunderave was actually owned by a Scotswoman (an American Dr. now owns it, planted trees around it to create "privacy"). Anyhow, I walked up to the lady, who happened to be having lawnmower issues, and asked that if my dad got her mower going would she allow us in for a tour? Luckily, my non-mechanical dad gave one pull and it roared to life, so tour on! And a good time was had by all, non cool kids and chubby dads included! :)
if that is, in fact, the last remaining castle of your family's namesake, it is your duty as a scot to storm and lay siege to the castle, drive out the foreign invaders, and restore honor to your coat of arms.

Last edited:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
if that is, in fact, the last remaining castle of your family's namesake, it is your duty as a scot to storm and lay siege to the castle, drive out the foreign invades, and restore honor to your coat of arms.
Or just set up a fake Fedex account and have 5,000 shipping boxes delivered to them. Modern offensive tactics for modern times.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Last one standing. Last time we were there, my dad was trying to give me directions to locate a few rock piled islands on Loch Fyne where others had stood. I felt very Monty Python-esque at that moment - "the first castle burnt down,the next one fell into a swamp....". Kind of like this:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
if that is, in fact, the last remaining castle of your family's namesake, it is your duty as a scot to storm and lay siege to the castle, drive out the foreign invaders, and restore honor to your coat of arms.
I really have to agree with this. I have a mace and some armour you can borrow. You'll have to supply your own ladder.