Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There is an invasive species of beatle whose population has been exploding. This winter crows have figured out how to find their grubs by pulling up chunks of moss and grass. Crows have been learning from other crows and the behavior has been spreading across the region.

Not only will this put an end to explosive population growth of the beatles but they are tearing up manicured lawns, which makes it extra awesome.

This guy if finding quite the bounty in the gaps in the concrete.

PXL_20210130_204338886.jpg

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Tastes like super lean beef.
Nah.

Wife has issues with beef and pork - an allergy thing. (cue for the no context thread...) So we are pretty veggie heavy, and probably a 3:1 ratio of chicken:lamb with our home cooking.

Ostrich gets her the flavour and texture of the (ahem) beef she misses otherwise. Last meal request: a porkbelly cheeseburger with a side of fresh cut apples and pears.

Otherwise...in a blind taste test, I'd have thought this was just lean beef. Have had it before in steak form and thought the same. Cook it as you would beef, just as noted - super lean.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
There is an invasive species of beatle whose population has been exploding. This winter crows have figured out how to find their grubs by pulling up chunks of moss and grass. Crows have been learning from other crows and the behavior has been spreading across the region.

Not only will this put an end to explosive population growth of the beatles but they are tearing up manicured lawns, which makes it extra awesome.

This guy if finding quite the bounty in the gaps in the concrete.

View attachment 155935
I am still waiting for my crows to figure out how to eat the invasive snails in my garden and there are tons of them.