Quantcast

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
It's not an everyday thing, but it definitely happens. There has been two deaths at the now closed DH place here (@mykel can confirm...maybe it was only 1).

1 other person in Toronto fell off a cliff, though its been debated if they were even on their bike.

Then there are the random freak stuff, like heart attack and whatnot while biking.

For some reason, I too think two people have died at Blue.
I heard through the grapevine, that there was a death out at the Pines this year, but nothing I can find online.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
MTB deaths don't usually get a ton of publicity aside from local news. Feels like I hear about a few fatalities every year here in CA. It's typically some kind of health incident (heart attack, stroke, etc.) or trauma, with one sometimes leading to the other.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
MTB deaths don't usually get a ton of publicity aside from local news. Feels like I hear about a few fatalities every year here in CA. It's typically some kind of health incident (heart attack, stroke, etc.) or trauma, with one sometimes leading to the other.
The two cyclists I know that died while riding were both due to pre-existing cardiovascular issues.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Don’t forget all the bums on bikes that run through intersections and roads w/o following any rules. These people are unfortunately forgotten pretty fast…but died cycling.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Damn, that’s intense. I’ve been at it about 30 years and have only known broken bones.
Andes singletrack is remote and exposed. Trails are awesome, but fairly dangerous now that I think about it.
2 out 3 passed away on remote exposed singletrack. All from head/neck injuries.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
doesn't sound like a crime

....yet

Never forgive.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Over two years since I have done any digging, sad sad sad.
IMG_20231103_194122.jpg

Lost this shovel a few months back, pretty sure I left in the creek after removing some weeds.
It was the perfect shape high carbon head, also sad sad sad.
I hope local kids stole it and are making jumps with it.