Quantcast

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Finally got an eCommuter for the wife.
The new Kona eCoco DL. Spent the last couple of days stripping and rebuilding it because of course it comes with every bolt dry. It’s very smooth, and has a lovely paint job.

IMG_8253.jpeg

IMG_8252.jpeg

IMG_8264.jpeg

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
For people like @Sandwich I bought some AliExpress 4 pots for another project but decided to switch the Shimano Deore dual pots that came with it since I had everything apart.
IMG_8267.jpeg

IMG_8265.jpeg

IMG_8266.jpeg

Have now done a few Km up and down the local streets.

So far they are really good. Better than the Code RS that came on my Decoy. (Lol.)
Loads of power, good modulation, solid feel. Also they were an exceptionally easy install.

They came ready to install really nicely done. The front came fully assembled and bled, the rear comes with the hose attached to the caliper, full, with a tiny screw in the hose insert, which is actually threaded! Nice. The lever comes with a plastic plug where the compression nut should be.

Unfortunately for me the set up was French/American with the front brake on the left, but I was able to easily switch them out and they didn’t even need a bleed.

Colour me impressed so far. Cheap, look great, work well. Let’s see how long they last, but from Visual inspection and feel they seem solid AF.

I’ve ordered some larger (and better looking) rotors already, but they are going to be unnecessary I think. Of course I will still stick them on when they get here.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Perusing Google streets view and saw this. Had to do a double take, but its unfortunately (or fortunately), just where there is a seam in the images.

1712674792893.png