Quantcast

Random Shootings....

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
So theres been four random shooting on the President George Bush Turnpike (east bound side - richardson, tx, west bound side - Plano, TX) Needless to say, this is my way to and from my internship at the PD, i heard one call a couple weeks ago, but didnt realize until now there was more than one.

I dont feel like taking a different route. Guess ill risk being shot at :banana:!

This guys a bad shot anyways... Hes only hit like 2 people, one in the hand- the other in the stomach.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Internship at the PD? As in Police Department?

Just ask them to borrow a vest and a gun. Gotta get you ready for sitting in a cruiser in your body armor. Riding in on your bike in your kevlar ought to get you ready for that.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I don't think it is random.

Garland police ID man accused of shooting at motorists

04:48 PM CDT on Wednesday, July 2, 2008

From Staff Reports

A 22-year-old man who may be responsible for shooting at motorists in Garland, Mesquite, Richardson and Plano was in custody this morning, Garland police said.

Thai-An Huu Nguyen faces charges of aggravated assault, endangering a child and deadly conduct, Garland police said. Bond had not been set as of late Tuesday when he was arrested.

Richardson police said they expected to file a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon against Mr. Nguyen. Plano police also said it expected to file charges. Mesquite police did not immediately return calls made by The Dallas Morning News.

Police said a gunman who shot at three groups of motorists on Sunday and one person on Monday struck again in Plano on Tuesday on the Bush Turnpike. Police had been searching for a black Honda Prelude with an oversized chrome exhaust.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Living in Richardson, working at Plano Cycling, and commuting by bike to and from work, I was somewhat on edge this morning. there seemed to be no pattern that I noticed.

girlfriend drives on the GBTP and comes home just after 7pm, so it could've easily been her that got shot at on Tuesday.

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
Living in Richardson, working at Plano Cycling, and commuting by bike to and from work, I was somewhat on edge this morning. there seemed to be no pattern that I noticed.

girlfriend drives on the GBTP and comes home just after 7pm, so it could've easily been her that got shot at on Tuesday.
Yea, its totally not a situation to be in. Ya cant really "get the hell outta there" at that time of night. Glad they caught the tool. I guess time will tell if he was the only a$$ doing that.

I hate takin other routes cus every other way from Little Elm to the PD is Plano has 100 freakin lights

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
Internship at the PD? As in Police Department?

Just ask them to borrow a vest and a gun. Gotta get you ready for sitting in a cruiser in your body armor. Riding in on your bike in your kevlar ought to get you ready for that.
Haha. For sure man. I dont know that theyd be about givin me a gun. They are hard pressed to let me get out of the vehicle when im riding out with the police. Just give me a freakin vest and let me roll with the cops. I do want the full experience..

MTBstud12

Monkey
Jan 24, 2008
Tejas
That must be Addison PD.

Note: Addison is a small town with almost zero crime. LOADS of tax dollars though. They tend to buy their Officers the most arbitrary equipment (E.g. Chargers, The Cop Killer Gun (a handgun that shoots rifle rounds), and other seemingly pointless stuff..