Quantcast

Randonneur Brevets?

CycloFoto

Chimp
Oct 28, 2004
Norfolk, Virginia
I've been daydreaming recently about doing the Boston Montreal Boston ride this summer, all 700 miles of it in less than 90 hours. Is there anybody on Ridemonkey who's done BMB or similiar rides? I'm interested in the training commitment required (extensive, I know) and the mental challenge of the ride.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
Wow. No joy for you here apparently. There's a good long distance group on Bicycling's board if you can get past the smarminess of it. Otherwise rusa.com is a good place to start.

I'm thinking of a 200k, and maybe 300k, brevet this year just for fun, but definitely not considering the whole enchilada.

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
I have the same pipedream although mine is for Paris Brest Paris. Some clubs out here in Cali do a pretty extensive training/brevet schedule (I'm thinking Davis bike club specifically). You might want to check their site. I've heard that doing back to back rides in the 150 mile range is very helpful. BMB is also supposed to have some tuff hills and a history of head wind. The one guy I know who did it was in exceptionally good shape and the ride completely worked him. Good luck CF and let us know how you're progressing.