Quantcast

Razorrock Levers

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Y not try a pair of dangerboy levers i had some on my purples ( had to grind them down after that worked perfecly).The razzor rocks shoud fit if not just make a little grindign and plya m machinist!

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
wow and me and Brian didnt even say anything in this thread :eek: :D
oh cmon. everyone knows hopes are the best brakes ever. everyone should bow down to there superiority.(sp)

ever since i felt a pair of the m4s like a year ago ive wanted some. but im poor and cant afford em.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
@ violent volante...funny how i grinded down and drilled my old dangerboy levers that were on my hayes purples and they fit ( and db doesn't make a set compatible for the purples.....).

enything can be acheived sometimes just needs a little customizing.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
not only are the holes different sizes, the thickenss of the lever is too, so no it WONT work
Thats where the power of the hammer comes in. Pretend your some big mean black smith, and just smash the living crap out of it till it fits. When the lever finally does fit, then smash the pins in and you should be good....that is until you have to rebuild your master cylinder....

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I am running GRC moto levers (the longer ones). They are much sturdier than my stock levers on my Hayes (older OEM Kona orange caliper model) and I like them a lot. I could flex the stock levers with some my weak hands, where I can't seem to flex GRC's.

If you decide to look at something else other than RR, check out GRC and some racing buddies seem to like the Danger Boy levers also. After market levers are a personal choice to me. I never liked the shape/bend of the RR levers but liked the added adjustability. GRC's felt right to me and that is what is important.

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM or contact John (Sully) thru his website www.grcomponents.com or www.roteccycles.com.

Rotec/GRC's phone number. 360-805-5677

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Originally posted by oly
Thats where the power of the hammer comes in. Pretend your some big mean black smith, and just smash the living crap out of it till it fits. When the lever finally does fit, then smash the pins in and you should be good....that is until you have to rebuild your master cylinder....
i know, but the poster is a kid and i am not sure if he would be able to get all the tools and then manage to grind apart levers to make them fit, i was assuming he might not have the resources or mechanical skills to pull it off and make it work perfect, not to mention i dont know if he would like to risk taking something he just bought for a decient chunk of change and cut it up (no offence to you jason, i looked at your site, for your age youre one hell of a rider, you remind me of our local child wonder boy biker)

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
You can get the Bonz blades and the GRC blades in HFX9 sizing. The Bonz blades are the same shape as the Razor Rocks, but don't offer the independant reach adjustment. They also are a little sharper at the top of the blade, so if you have shorter fingers I hear they're a little uncomfortable. I've got an XL glove size and a pair of the Bonz on my Saber and I like them, I like the GRCs that were on my Tomac a little more though.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
So maybe this has been asked and I am just too lazy to search but why hasn't someone made a copy of the RR levers? I'd love a pair but I am not going to bid like crazy on ebay for a pair.

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
I've got Razor Rocks & I love them. But:

I've only tried stock Hayes otherwise (hated the hollow back)

The GRC and Dangerboys have their benefits obviously.

What would be ideal is for Dangerboy or GRC to step up and make an adjustable reach & engagement point lever. If they combine that w/ a nice shape lever.

It would sell like crazy.

PS: Don't underestimate the engagement point adjustment. Niot neccesary. But, soooooooo nice.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Originally posted by Acadian
Any of you seen the new Hayes levers? many pro teams are using them...they are pretty damn nice!

but if you get Hope brakes...you don't need to buy aftermarket levers! :rolleyes: ;)
Which new ones?
The levers that came on my 04 Mags feel REALLY good to me.
Way better than the old ones. And for some reason, they are the most powerful set that I have used yet. THis might be because I have not got oil on the pads yet like I always do.
I wish Hayes made an aluminum version of the carbon lever that is on the Mag Plus brake. That thing feels sweet.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
i know, but the poster is a kid and i am not sure if he would be able to get all the tools and then manage to grind apart levers to make them fit, i was assuming he might not have the resources or mechanical skills to pull it off and make it work perfect, not to mention i dont know if he would like to risk taking something he just bought for a decient chunk of change and cut it up (no offence to you jason, i looked at your site, for your age youre one hell of a rider, you remind me of our local child wonder boy biker)
yeah you are definately right. no way im gonna start chopping at something i spend like 60-70 bucks on. jut gonna buy something that fits without mods. but im gonna control my lust for new bike parts and probly put the money i have right now towards a camera and finally have one.

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
Originally posted by Jeremy R
Which new ones?
The levers that came on my 04 Mags feel REALLY good to me.
Way better than the old ones. And for some reason, they are the most powerful set that I have used yet. THis might be because I have not got oil on the pads yet like I always do.
I wish Hayes made an aluminum version of the carbon lever that is on the Mag Plus brake. That thing feels sweet.
The newest Mag brakes do come with aluminum levers in the same shape. I think the blades are the same shape as the ones for the 9's as well, so that might be an option.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Originally posted by The Kadvang
Its all subiminal baby :D .
Your sig is killing me, nobody was really supposed to read that. It was late, I was getting goofy and the whole brake debate was wearing a little thin. Glad to see I could brighten somebody's day.