Quantcast

Rear Susp.

Nov 3, 2001
Scotland, UK
Hi,

not sure why my rear suspenison does this but it squeks when ever i am on a normal road (fairly flat) and push down hard to go fast and it just starts to squeak and wont stop till i hit summat oor go over a few big logs and roacks.

HELP!!:help:

KonaDude

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada.
Depending on what your "squeak" sounds like, it could be a number of things. Your pivots could be dry and need lubrication (any good waterproof grease will probably do, in SMALL amounts) or bushings replaced, or maybe a bolt is loose. That can sometimes cause some noise.

See if you can locate where the sound comes from on your bike, specifically. If you can explain that and what kind of bike it is, it may help. Can ya provide a picture with an arrow pointing to the point where the noise comes from? Even better.

Hope to help you out here.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by stewartbradford
Hi,

not sure why my rear suspenison does this but it squeks when ever i am on a normal road (fairly flat) and push down hard to go fast and it just starts to squeak and wont stop till i hit summat oor go over a few big logs and roacks.

HELP!!:help:
It could be the bushings or a bolt. Also it may be the shock itself. But start with the bushings.

G

gravity

Originally posted by Brian HCM#1

It could be the bushings or a bolt. Also it may be the shock itself. But start with the bushings.
yeah hes hit the nail on the head i think, it's normally your bushings/bearings under strain, sometimes your shock can be a bit screwed as well