Quantcast

Recomended bike parks in N. Co

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
Im planning a trip from NC to Moab in Sept. or Oct. and will be taking I-70 from Moab to Grand Junction to ride that area for a couple of days. From there we'll be heading to Colorado Springs and will have 1 day to ride 1 bike park. So I'm asking some of you locals what bike park I should hit. I don't even know what mountians offer it (lift access) other than Keystone. I ride a VP Free and my buddy will be on a Bottle Rocket, the more Tech/gnar and air time the better. Tanks in advance for any help you all can offer.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
I would go with either sol vista (near Grandby) or keystone, both are awesome, though with slightly different aims. Keystone is more freeridey with a couple rock gardens, a little in the way of steeps, not much, and a bunch of variety. Sol vista is more racey with a little more flow, better lips on their jumps, some pretty good techy stuff..... like I said, you'll be psyched either way, and I think you should make it two days, one to ride each.

Basher

Monkey
May 8, 2007
Hicktown, NC
Thanks man, both of those are on the list as well as Silverton. Found this vid on youtube but it's from 06 so not sure if the big gap will still be intact.
. Would like to find a good freeride park with lots of ladders, drops, and hips. If you think of any others please post em up.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Can't think of any, but if you're planning on hitting Silverton, make sure they're actually open. They never opened this last summer due to snow, and last year were open for a grand total of 3 days in June.....

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
SOlvista! winterpark sucks dont go there unless you are into super d. Also keystone is great too, I would stick with those two. But get to know the locals they will show you the good spots.