Quantcast

Repair stands

GoatPiper

Chimp
Feb 7, 2002
Boston, MA
I just bought a repair stand...the Ultimate BRS 70B Consumer Stand...this thing rox! Tripod base, fully adjustable, compact when broken down, super sturdy...anyone else have experience with these stands? Just wundering about the constitution these things have in them...anyone been using one for a long time? I hope this thing holds up for years to come....

peace,
rg:D

I worked for 'unsaid' bike race team that was sponsored by P**K T**ls and I absolutely HATED that damned travel/folding stand of theirs. But since I was a "sponsored wrench" as well, I had to use the damn thing.
But I can tell you this....in our wharehouse we used the Wrench Force/Ultimate Stands and in our own garages as well.
Hands down the best stnds available ot the consumers!

I spent a few years on the road scene as well using the Wrench Force (Thanks Jim H. @ Trek!!!) and I loved it. Built plenty of bikes in hotel parkign lots the night before stage races and inbetween stages after horendous crashes and never ever had one fail.

the only failure I have ever seen with anything made from Wrench Force was a locking head that was stuffed into a Park Shop Stand. After repeated 50lb dh bikes being locked into it and torquing them around the ratcheting mechanism finally gave out. But htey warranteed it no questions asked.

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
I have a PRS-5 the folding stand with the "shop-duty" arm on it. I dig it. The extra height is nice since I'm on the tall side (6'3).

pugslybell

Chimp
Jan 23, 2002
Durango Colorado
i have had both, the park race stand(blue one with shop jaws), and thew pre trek ultimate stand and the post trek stand. The ultimate holds up awesome, only reason i had to get a new one was someone rolled the box van that the old ultimate stand was in and the stand got trashed. I had that stand for almost four years and no proplems. You can get replacement rubber super easy from ultimate. I wrenched for a cross team adn that tripod stand is way more versatile in uneven circumstances. also it deals with heavy and poorly(from a stands jaw standpoint) shaped tubes much better then park stand, plus you do not have to worry about over clamping and damiging tubes. The ultimate is a way better stand and jaw setup. this year park is making a beefed up jaw similer to the ultimate. Also we used just the heads off of the ultimate as our daily jaws in alarge road shop i worked for in chicago. no complaints.