Quantcast

Results of Old Pueblo

Mtbkngrl

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
Rochester NY
Squirrel on the pre-ride (no rain) Gee Spot's hand after she had an unfortunate incident with a Cholla Cactus....She did it twice...While they were standing around pulling them out with pliers a random chick comes up and says, "I think slowing down in those sections is more productive than trying to rip through them." Then the chick rode off and they were all like WTF like we needed your advice.....It ended up being Heather Mosley, the winner of the Solo women's catagory....

Attachments

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
coool. looka like a good course. bet some of the turns got well formed for more high speed stuff. nice pics with the phone.

J

JRB

I hate riding in the wet. ugh....good job though. :thumb:

It makes it that much harder.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
The year I raced there, some guy had ran into a barrel cactus and his butt was full of thorns! YIKES!

Mtbkngrl

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
Rochester NY
I spoke with the East Coasters this morning and apparantly the beatdown of the West Coast was in the 30-40minute range.... :sneaky: I was also informed that the East Coasters were all in bed by 9pm, apparantly the West Coasters win the "Party like Rockstars" award.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Mtbkngrl said:
I spoke with the East Coasters this morning and apparantly the beatdown of the West Coast was in the 30-40minute range.... :sneaky: I was also informed that the East Coasters were all in bed by 9pm, apparantly the West Coaster wins the "Party like Rockstars" award.

West coast representin!

Woohoo - way to go. I partied here for you.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'm going to have to come get revenge at Dalton...Just you wait ;)

Nice going monkeys! :thumb:

I wish I coulda been there...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Too damn tired to say much, but it was a great time. Weather kind of sucked, rained on and off until about 3:00 AM but we managed to ride through it and have fun. I can't thank the west coast folks enough for everything. The east vs west race was extremely close, only a few minutes separated us until late in the morning. Mechanical problems eventually hurt the west coast monkey spankers the most.

Attachments

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
splat said:
Looks like any one who's last lap did not end after 12:00 Noon got a DNF
THE CRAPPIEST RULE EVER. However if you wana quit all you have to do is checkout but keep your baton and not send anyone out (or in some extreme instances actually checkout for another lap and after 24hours just tell them to scratch that lap) and then go back up to the scorers table after the 24 and turn in your baton and tell them nobody went out and or you scratch that last lap.

I do think I understand the rule though. This is a TIME race not a distance race (although the person with the most distance in the least amount of time is the winner) so I think they want people to stay out for the time no matter what.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The Toninator said:
THE CRAPPIEST RULE EVER.
I don't understand the rule. If your lap comes in under 12:00, just send out another rider. Unless there is a time restriction on when you can send out your last rider, like 11:00 maybe???