Quantcast

Return of the Jedi

May 6, 2004
Hi
This is my 09 Canfield Jedi. It has been my long term project but also a simple way to cheer me up when things in my life are going downhill fast.

There are only two or three major changes before this bike is completed - Stan Flow rims will replace DT 6.1s, the chainring will be changed to black (e13 or blackspire) and Schwalbe Muddy Mary will be my tyres of choice. I do not know the weight but it should be around 38.5lb. Pics on a scale to come later.

Enjoy the pictures below and let me know you comments.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The build is sick though dorado looks very strange given the fact that it's much thicker than the frame tubing. Also I'd go for magura red rotors instead of hope. They look much nicer ;)

Still I envy you ;)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Good question and I do not know the answer. I might be relocating towards the end of this year, though.
Be a sane man. Relocate to the alps or some serious place. It's getting worse and worse and what's happening this weekend at the nats is just a joke. This country hates bikes and actualy is not to friendly to anyone. Unless you have a serious reason to visit (like a wendigo is chasing you and it's the only place it won't go to) I'd rather be anywhere, including the inside of an active vulcano.

May 6, 2004
In two weeks time I will have Jedi finished. My riding buddy will bring his photo camera goodies and we will have some proper photoshoot. And he has some nice skills :)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
One thing starts to bug me. Do you have to sign some kind of an agreement with the canfield bros when you buy it? Like "I will make the bike as pimp as possible and if more than 3 people have negative comments about it you can cut my little finger" ? Because I have not seen one bad build on those frames while I've seen some scary ones on some other expesive stuff.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
you got it wrong...

the deal is if you jedi's not pimp enough you'll have to move to poland... :D

just kidding

nice build though

my 08 jedi is still in the basement never built and probably never ever will be :mad:

May 6, 2004
Yes, there is an agreement with the Brothers. I cannot give you any details but it would suffice to say you sign it with your blood ;)

This is like a passion for me, I spend hours doing my research, reading reviews, asking questions and finally hunting for some awesome online deals.
To be honest, I did not go pimp all the way, some parts are purely for their performance, such as Middleburn ISIS cranks or Hope brakes. Others are here because of their pure industrial beauty, such as Twenty6 stem.

There is not a single titanium bolt (unless Dorado has some) so there is always a room for more pimpness :thumb:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
you got it wrong...

the deal is if you jedi's not pimp enough you'll have to move to poland... :D

just kidding

nice build though

my 08 jedi is still in the basement never built and probably never ever will be :mad:
That explains why there is no dealership here and the only canfield bikes here I know about are 2nd hand formula 1's ;)

ride4fun

Monkey
May 23, 2008
Long Island
The bike is built up sweet - just like my Formula 1. BUT I think the Dorado (even though its a sweet fork) is too much of an overkill look for that frame. Yeah, it's pimped out, and if that's the look you want, then you accomplished it. I've got an Avy in front and rear and is pimp and plush as well...but I just think, even with a new boxer, on your JEDI, it would still look and be PIMP...... I mean all CANFIELD bikes are...right?

May 6, 2004
ride4fun
I am a hopeless photographer with my silly mobile phone camera. Wait for some quality pictures coming in two weeks time when my mate with proper gear comes around to take some pics.

I think an Avy forks would look even bigger, they are mega forks. I do like idea of Avy rear shock at rear, maybe in the future. Since I live the UK getting Avy from the US would cost me a fortune in taxes and customs on top of the shock price.