Quantcast

Rich kids get the shaft...

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Ja Rule is still making music? And enough people still listen to him to warrant a music festival?

Huh... learn something new every day.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Well, not really. Apparently the "festival" went over like a turd in a punch bowl, Did you read the article? C'mon, keep up...

:banana::banana:

"quickly turned into a terrifying B-movie, with flocks of Instagram models forced to seek shelter in an airport after arriving to discover a lack of food, violent locals, appalling accommodation and feral dogs roaming the grounds," reports The Telegraph.
Sounds a lot like the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sounds a lot like what one experiences trying to fly an American Airlines commuter connection through Philadelphia, sans hot chicks of course.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/01/526392280/fyre-festival-hit-with-100-million-suit-organizer-says-we-were-a-little-naive

But this some bullshit...when things dont go your way (Because your are a stupid selfish, rich kid cunt...) you sue for way more than you got taken for.
"Refunding ticket price is not enough!" is code for "Give me some money damnit!"
there may be some merit to the suit, especially if some of the accusations prove true - like how the event organizers allegedly reached out to performers to tell them not to attend, but not the attendees.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/01/526392280/fyre-festival-hit-with-100-million-suit-organizer-says-we-were-a-little-naive

But this some bullshit...when things dont go your way (Because your are a stupid selfish, rich kid cunt...) you sue for way more than you got taken for.
"Refunding ticket price is not enough!" is code for "Give me some money that I dont have to work for damnit!"
Instead, at least one of those once bright-eyed festivalgoers has filed a lawsuit and ticket buyers are receiving apologies from event organizers, who now admit that the Fyre Festival "fell dramatically short of even the most modest expectations."

My expectations were exceeded, the Fyre Festival delivered everything I could have hoped for.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This is just a bunch of spoiled brats who have always gotten what they want till now. First taste of it and they think it's the Apocalypse.
Have you read any of the links posted? I mean, the whole situation is a laughable shit show, but I'd be pissed too if I paid for concert tickets and none of the acts showed.

Sep 11, 2015
This is just a bunch of spoiled brats who have always gotten what they want till now. First taste of it and they think it's the Apocalypse.
While I'm sure this Apocalypse mongering is true of many of the attendees, I think the media embellishment is making it seem a lot worse than it really is. It's fun to watch, but I reckon the ones featured in the media are the most vocal and obnoxious of the bunch ... building their own personal brand and all ....

upload_2017-5-2_13-43-25.png
(why don't we have this smiley here?!)

IDK what the big deal is, though. Camping on a beach NOT listening to Blink182 sounds okay.

Attachments

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Have you read any of the links posted? I mean, the whole situation is a laughable shit show, but I'd be pissed too if I paid for concert tickets and none of the acts showed.
Read a fair amount of news about this yesterday. It was an obvious scam and the ticket holders should be pissed. But they complained worse than Syrian refugees over some frivolous bullshit. And now they want to be compensated for more than what they paid. Fuck them and their entitlement.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Read a fair amount of news about this yesterday. It was an obvious scam and the ticket holders should be pissed. But they complained worse than Syrian refugees over some frivolous bullshit. And now they want to be compensated for more than what they paid. Fuck them and their entitlement.
Ja Rule said it wasn't a scam. You can trust him.