Quantcast

ridable 14ers

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Does anyone know or have any experience doing peaks that top out at 14k ft? I'm thinking about doing a few this year and want to know what I can and can't climb, or where the better ones are for riding.

If anyone is interested in joining a ridable 14er, let me know and we'll coordinate a ride.

..oh, and I'll be doing this on a 36lb bike:redhot:

sgltrak

Chimp
Mar 29, 2006
Ft. Collins, Colorado
I hiked Antero several years ago and thought it would make a great ride. Jeep road goes most of the way up.

Of course, there are the two with car roads to the top:
Pikes and Evans.

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
The Barr trail down Pikes... 7500 foot technical singletrack descent. Bike legal, but do it on a weekday so you can open it up without killing hikers (the lower sections get crowded on weekends). This is one of my favorite rides in the state.

PS.. get someone to drive you to the top. They charge per car to dirve up the road (plus you'll use about a quarter tank of gas) so shuttling w/ two cars can be expensive.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
911 said:
The Barr trail down Pikes... 7500 foot technical singletrack descent. Bike legal, but do it on a weekday so you can open it up without killing hikers (the lower sections get crowded on weekends). This is one of my favorite rides in the state.

PS.. get someone to drive you to the top. They charge per car to dirve up the road (plus you'll use about a quarter tank of gas) so shuttling w/ two cars can be expensive.
Shuttling?!? Blasphemy!! :p