Quantcast

Ride Streak, What Keeps You Going?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It just seems like more of an amiable way to get around. Breakfast bagels and waffles are both equally satisfying when acquired during a bike ride.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
I was able to get 6 days in a row this summer when on vacation and being 1500 miles from my daily responsibilities. But I truly do love riding I guess that’s why after 25 years of doing it, I still feel like a little kid with streamers. Inching closer to not have an 8-5 gig, then maybe I can go for that 700+ day ride streak.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I haven't ridden in 86 days. It was hard not to ride that much at first, but it gets easier every day. Now my legs and fitness are atrophied, withered away for the day when I can finally ride with semi-regularity again.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Got some Night Riders that were cutting edge technology. 15 years ago. From the era when I rode with Splat at Nam, which should be a good indication of their age.
Lights and batteries are much improved since then.

two-one

Monkey
Dec 15, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
It's easy to ride here (netherlands), i use my bike to go to work, do shopping, and 3 or 4 times a week for some trails.
When it comes to continuous offroad riding, variation is the key. From here I can do road, gravel, cyclocross and XC rides, and we have one of those velosolutions pumptracks in town. I can actually pedal there over bike-exclusive roads.
Within a 1-hour carride I can reach some entertaining flowtrails, and within 2 hours i have terrain to punish my Giant Reign.
Too bad chairlifts are so far away.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I have an 800+ day running streak going. Its nice, but the best days are when I get to combine both things in one...rides take up hours, when a run is usually 30-45 minutes or so...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
When I do string rides together in the family/work routine they're usually at night after 8pm. That's really fun but ending rides at 11pm for 3 nights in a row is rugged on sleep.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
the replies are as entertaining as ever. i'm fortunate to have a trail right here at my house* along w/a stable of bikes to change things up. i've developed a titanium habit since i last posted regular here.
99 Pisgah
~08 Seven Mudhoney
19 Timberjack

Last edited: