Quantcast

Ride Suggestions for Phoenix / Southern AZ Area?

PLBlake68

Chimp
May 3, 2005
Myself and a few friends (used to riding in the New England area) are going to be in Phoenix on a one day layover on our way down to Circus Mexicus (www.azpeacemakers.com/sunset.htm) to see Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers play in Puerto Penasco (www.puertopenasco.com) Mexico.

We are looking for a must do ride in the area (Superstition Wilderness, Sonoran Desert, or wherever) for approx. 4 hours.

Any suggestions on a great desert style ride for some out of towners would be greatly appreciated. Also apprecited would be any leads on a good rental shop...

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
If you want to do a 4 hour epic, I totally agree with stinkyboy.
This is South Mountain.
Start at the 48th st and do Desert Classic (XC) to telegraph Pass (uphill). Up Telegraph pass to the road. The road up to Buena Vista parking lot. From the parking lot take National (xc/downhill) back to 48th st parking lot. A little bit of everything with some killer views.

PLBlake68

Chimp
May 3, 2005
Thanks to all for the feedback so far... and anymore is appreciated.

As of now, we are headed for South Mtn and Cactus bikes for our Friday ride!

Sounds like it ill be a blast (though potentially challenging reading about the National Trial...)

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
PLBlake68 said:
Thanks to all for the feedback so far... and anymore is appreciated.

As of now, we are headed for South Mtn and Cactus bikes for our Friday ride!

Sounds like it ill be a blast (though potentially challenging reading about the National Trial...)

Enjoy Arizona and watch out for the rattlesnakes, Africanized bees, javalinas, Scottsdale coke whores and bark scorpions!
:rolleyes:

PLBlake68

Chimp
May 3, 2005
Yeah... sounds like a breeze... but what the hell is a javalina ? :eek:

It's no wonder the drink of preference is tequila!

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
stinkyboy said:
Enjoy Arizona and watch out for the rattlesnakes, Africanized bees, javalinas, Scottsdale coke whores and bark scorpions!
:rolleyes:
HA!! And overweight roadies with skin tight, gut wrenching, wrestling tights...Oh, I mean aerodynamic spandex!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
A buddy of mine got spooked by a few of them on a ride up in Flag. He caught up to the group and I'd never seen him so out of breath. Hilarious!

PLBlake68

Chimp
May 3, 2005
Oh this gets better all the time...

Sounds like it will be a ride to remember... provided we survive. :D

Thanks for the heads up!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
When I lived in Sedona there was a family of Havelinas on my road. (Screw the J spelling) . They used to act all cocky and make like they were gonna charge you, but just make a noise and get your front wheel in the air and watch the ****ers run. One who was all trotting towards me got so scared it slipped over and started screaming like the pigthat he/she was. Comedy.

Oh and Sedona is real good for riding.