Quantcast

Ride To Wisp GES and Role Call

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Geoff Ulmer needs a ride to Wisp this weekend, schools out and exams done so very flexible on dates. He also has a place to stay, will split gas costs and driving if your brave. :brows:

I can get him to your place if need be. We live just outside Albany NY.
Thanks

So who's going ???

Last edited:

MasterofGroms

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
I am a couple hours away from you so my offer may not be of much help, but if you can get him to Reading, PA I can get him there. Another detail is that there is practice on Friday so we are leaving after school Thursday. If this accomodates you we'd be happy to transport him.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Was thinking about heading up from Asheville if anyone wants to carpool. I still have to make sure the ole' ball and chain doesn't have plans for us this weekend.

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
Glad to see so many folks looking to come to DCL for a great time!!!!!!
Expect, in excess of 200, racers for DH and at least 75 for Dual.
Awesome prizes, four-day lift pass, discounted lodging, Sat. night after-party, Mt. coaster, Lake and river fun, family environment - sounds like a no brainer.
Hope to see you there!

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Ya, i'll be out there. love your courses. only complaint is that i can't make it up till saturday so i'm only gonna race the sunday dh. . . which i guess means even if i win i don't win.

also, if you guys could host another race, perhaps in september or october that would be fantastic.

MasterofGroms

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
CT guys are willing to hook up, their issue is that they're traveling in an outback and are tight with space. They would need a 4 bike carrier (theirs carries only 2) that works on a class 1 hitch. My wife's car uses an adaptor to downsize our class 2 rack that we bought at u-haul for 10 bucks. Let me know.:confused:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
CT guys are willing to hook up, their issue is that they're traveling in an outback and are tight with space. They would need a 4 bike carrier (theirs carries only 2) that works on a class 1 hitch. My wife's car uses an adaptor to downsize our class 2 rack that we bought at u-haul for 10 bucks. Let me know.:confused:
if it's a Saris rack, I can borrow a two bike extension. the complete rack is also a class 2 but the extension will work with either as long as its a Saris........hoping.

S

seespotendo

does anyone know how I would get a hold of the $60 per night hotel room?

Feb 17, 2009
this is kinda off subject a bit but i live about 3.5 hours from WISP resort (Lancaster, PA) never been there. is the ridin pretty good up there been lookin into it , WISP, but havnt made it yet.

S

seespotendo

I'm about to head up there in the morning. how the track holding up to this rain?

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
That's a great shot of Robin over the rock jump there. I'd love to see a closeup of that damn boulder and see what the hell punctured my tire (and many others) as I skimmed across the top!

DJColdwater

Chimp
May 22, 2006
That's a great shot of Robin over the rock jump there. I'd love to see a closeup of that damn boulder and see what the hell punctured my tire (and many others) as I skimmed across the top!
Maybe the run up the front of the rock. The top and backside don't have much that would take out a tire.

S

seespotendo

does anyone know when the results will be posted? and on which site?

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Maybe the run up the front of the rock. The top and backside don't have much that would take out a tire.

Great shot!

Weird, I'm 99% sure I felt my tire bottom against my rim as I was scooting across the top of it, and I heard the air gushing out the very next instant. Maybe next time I'll pull my head out of my ass, run some sealant and actually check my tire pressure at least once during the weekend. :banghead:

Anyway, it was a fun weekend. Nice seeing all you mofos once again.