Quantcast

Ride Tonight - JG

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks, Trailhacker, Evilbob, Borneo? Y'all in for some weekly pedaling?

I've got no light so...heh, I'll be trying to stay "with" the pack ;) And I'm trying to ducktape my old commuter light to something.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I'm going to try. The lights are recharging after a great night ride last night.
Work's really wacky today. What time did you want to start?
Conditions are awesome right now. Crossing my fingers....

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Well because I am lightless - except for a weak commuter light - I need to start early. 4:00pm was when we all met previously...

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
Jr_Bullit said:
Well because I am lightless - except for a weak commuter light - I need to start early. 4:00pm was when we all met previously...
I'm lightless too. :(

btw - not to derail, but did you go to Tapeworm yesterday? If so, how were the conditions out there?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
when would this ride get done? i "have" to see warren miller's "impact" tonight at 8... :D

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
4? Usually that's a no brainer. But, there's no way I can get out of here about 3 today. Will anyone have a radio? And, if so, what channel? I'm assuming from EvilB that you will be just riding the SW side. So, it should be possible to see the lights and find you. How long will you be riding?

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Toshi - should be done with time to spare for a shower so you can go hit on those snow bunnies ;) I went last year and didn't win anything but did get a 2 for 1 to whistler which was fun.

I will not be carrying a radio tonight :( sorry borneo. I always have my cell phone though :).

I ended up not hitting the worm (so sad :( ) My time the past few days has been completely monopolized by family ...and they get to come before wheels for me ;)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
sweet, i'm in then. when and where is the meeting place? how do i get there?

(plugs in light to charger, mmm)

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Head north.

:D
Get onto the Mukilteo Speedway (525), and keep going North towards the Mukilteo/Whidbey Island Ferry.

You'll go past a lot of businesses on a 5-lane busy road. Go past the exit to the Boeing-Everett Freeway.

The road narrows down to two lanes and you'll feel like you're in a residential area.

It opens back up shortly after, you'll see a yellow marriott on your right, and just past it near the corner a Taco Bell.

Pull into the large parking lot there - we ride from there to the trail head. :)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Uhg....Kevin and I are out! These darn jobs are just killing us :mumble: So far I have only been able to ride once this week!!!

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Ok I will be haulin butt home after work to get my bike, pack and light and should get to the T-Bell about 4 - 4:10. JB if nobody unloads their bikes I can show you and anyone else who doesn't know how to get to the 19th St. culdie. From there it will be instant on dirt and no street riding in low light with the metal monsters wizzing by us. :thumb: See yall in a bit. :) :evil:

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Evilbob and Toshi, last night sure was fun!! Next time I'll make sure to have some sort of light, but riding by braille in my own shadow proved to be an adventure of its own.

Till next week! :thumb:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Jr_Bullit said:
Evilbob and Toshi, last night sure was fun!! Next time I'll make sure to have some sort of light, but riding by braille in my own shadow proved to be an adventure of its own.

Till next week! :thumb:
it was fun indeed. as was the warren miller show :thumb:

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Looks like same place as last year :) Did Mr. Miller himself put in an appearance? Does "Impact" have the flying dude at the end again?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
WHAT!!!!!

OMG. I just lost all my respect for you. (Just kidding.)

Glen is the uber GAWD of '80's skiing!

Hoping to take a couple laps in the Alpental BC with him this spring. Missed it by 20 minutes the last time.

Very cool guy and totally down to earth. Funny drunk.

(He was at the snow show too. Just got back.)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
mr. miller did not make a cameo appearance. yeah, glenn plake did look OLD. but his (water skiing) segment was really funny, and he made fun of people on monoskis. i distinctly remember seeing him dice it up on moguls with a monoski about 10 years ago... heh

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i missed the ferry boat to go ride a bbtc b-day ride at Ft. Ebey today.... So i called up Trailhacker and got direction on how to find JG. Wow cool place. i did the trail on the S.W. side of the train tracks, looped around found some spurs went down towards the train tracks went back up then was headed back when i ran into a couple. The gal was havin a hard time so she bailed but the guy gave me a quick tour of the other side of the tracks, we climbed back to the start towards Boeing and did the trail on the other side that has alot of up and downs but eventually runs down to the bridge at the bottom. he bailed from there and i rode the train tracks back up from there....

What a cool place to ride, was out there for around 3 1/2 hrs. Fun teeter totter. :thumb:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
i missed the ferry boat to go ride a bbtc b-day ride at Ft. Ebey today.... So i called up Trailhacker and got direction on how to find JG. Wow cool place. i did the trail on the S.W. side of the train tracks, looped around found some spurs went down towards the train tracks went back up then was headed back when i ran into a couple. The gal was havin a hard time so she bailed but the guy gave me a quick tour of the other side of the tracks, we climbed back to the start towards Boeing and did the trail on the other side that has alot of up and downs but eventually runs down to the bridge at the bottom. he bailed from there and i rode the train tracks back up from there....

What a cool place to ride, was out there for around 3 1/2 hrs. Fun teeter totter. :thumb:
Dude! I was pissed to that I missed your call! I would have met you out there :angry:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
Dude! I was pissed to that I missed your call! I would have met you out there :angry:
doh! Yah i was pissed i missed my boat. i was talking with the guy who showed me the other side and he was saying Ft. Ebey is actually some good riding. Oh well, maybe we can hook up for a S. Seatac night ride this week?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
doh! Yah i was pissed i missed my boat. i was talking with the guy who showed me the other side and he was saying Ft. Ebey is actually some good riding. Oh well, maybe we can hook up for a S. Seatac night ride this week?
Good riding at Ft. Ebey? When Kevin and I went there we didn't find anything really worth riding...but maybe we weren't look in the right spot!

I'm down for a night ride this week. Lemme know what your schedule looks like.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
Good riding at Ft. Ebey? When Kevin and I went there we didn't find anything really worth riding...but maybe we weren't look in the right spot!

I'm down for a night ride this week. Lemme know what your schedule looks like.
Yah i dunno S. Seatac isn't fun for XC unless you know the way like i do. Sometimes knowin a place makes a whole lotta difference, i dunno.... But rain permitting i'm still gonna be working out at Purdy, i can get home grab some gear and be ready to go a little after 5 ish. i think we could be ok parkin in the lot at the warehouses the park is "supposed" to close at dusk, but i doubt anyone would be in a tissy over night riders.... i'm gonna call a pal of mine too, and maybe the usual Japanese Gulch suspects might be interested in tryin it out too?

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Skookum said:
Fun teeter totter. :thumb:
Was that the teeter totter on the SW side? If so be careful on it, the pivot is an I-bolt screwed into rotten wood that can go anytime. Hope you come up again sometime when I am not working. :evil:

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Hey Skookum, I've ridden out at Ebey with some of the locals on the island. Tons of fun :thumb: . But you're right, it's more fun if you know where to go ;).

If y'all are interested in a ride over there, let me know, I'll see if I can't dredge up a couple of locals who know the trails well. :)

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Yeah, Ebey has some fun stuff. Plenty for the day. Not a lot of long ups or downs, but plenty of wet roots to keep you honest. And, the great(if clear out) view from the Bluff Trail. You guys should hit it. A nice alternative for the non-summer months. (It's packed with kids and families out walking during the summer months.) Another fun place for XC on the island is Metcalf Trust. Or, Goss lake Woods. Same place, pretty much. Down by Langley. Rooty, zippy, XC. Fun. No views of the straight though.

Question: (Getting back to the JG thread) Why is it that JG has stayed under the local mtb scene radar for so long when it's that much fun?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Jr_Bullit said:
Hey Skookum, I've ridden out at Ebey with some of the locals on the island. Tons of fun :thumb: . But you're right, it's more fun if you know where to go ;).

If y'all are interested in a ride over there, let me know, I'll see if I can't dredge up a couple of locals who know the trails well. :)
Yah start up a ride and i'll go. i really want to ride the Anacortes XC trails and Mt. Constitution on Orcas Island. Alot of good stuff up north i'd like to check out.....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Borneo said:
Question: (Getting back to the JG thread) Why is it that JG has stayed under the local mtb scene radar for so long when it's that much fun?
Maybe because it's got No Trespassing signs all over the place?
:p

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
It surely would evilbob! ;) The princess stays sequestered on her isle...to enjoy her pleasurable company, we must go to her ...heheh :devil: :D

I'll try and give her a jingle tonight and see what she's game for and when.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Jr_Bullit said:
It surely would evilbob! ;) The princess stays sequestered on her isle...to enjoy her pleasurable company, we must go to her ...heheh :devil: :D

I'll try and give her a jingle tonight and see what she's game for and when.
a princess on Whidbey Island? Is she magical? does she toss her magical locks across the pond so we can ride across? :dancing:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Skookum said:
a princess on Whidbey Island? Is she magical? does she toss her magical locks across the pond so we can ride across? :dancing:
YES :)

YES.......magic sort of maybe :think:

NO.........but if you belive in magic :think: :think: maybe :evil:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Hey JB we doin GJ this Thurs? If so by light or ......... Just remember you can go real fast in the dark with no lights cause if you can't see it, it can't hurt you :think: perfectly safe trust me.... :evil: