Quantcast

Ridemonkey Bike #9 Has arrived...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
what complaint? I am not stupid you know. People only do charity to feel good about themselves. Feeling good=cash payment. I have been reading peoples posts here gauging about how much cheering up some of you need in you lives through your persistence. Seriously if you dont want to watch the ensuing posts simply use the ignore Drunken_Ninja feature on your browser and seriously go buy some drugs for your sober @sses
Wow...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
People only do charity to feel good about themselves.
Had you written this before, you would not fukking have that bike.

I have built or bought the RM bikes with my parts and the many, many Monkeys parts to benefit the children of Phoenix who would otherwise not have a bike. As a single guy with some disposable income sometimes, it's the least I can do.

I feel bad that you're a bit "haunted" but the Monkeys saw it fit (in a poll) to turn you on to the latest donation bike. Suddenly my PMs blow up and you're hitting me with: "Where's My Bike? Where's My Bike? Where's My Bike?" and you have this advanced riding style that is not suitable to the free bike, so the thing gets torn down when a kid here in Phoenix could have spent the last months riding and having fun.

My intentions are to help people when I can, but in this case, I feel like sh1t.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
dick move.
No seriously this bicycle is mine now to share videos with whoever I want to. I thank you for the bicycle however a deal is a deal. It is not that I got it for free I put money into it too, over $400. From now on I will post on my photo gallery create privacy and find out who my friends are that want to see it.

If Ridemonkey wants the bike back after I figure out how to get my next one you guys are paying for the shipping. You can have the parts on the bike as you saw it in the video. I love it the way it is. Riding the bicycle is beautiful.

Your donation bike program has sent the Single speed parts to other kids in Rochester NY and stinkyboy keeps the paul chain tensioner. Goodluck with your programs that do get kids bikes. from now on I will post in my own personal threads.

Last edited:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
My intentions are to help people when I can, but in this case, I feel like sh1t.
Having followed some of the 'Santa Bike' threads myself, I can safely say that you should NOT beat yourself up about someone who doesn't appreciate/deserve what you did for them - you did your best in that scenario based off the poll, dialogue, etc., and that's all you could have done.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Having followed some of the 'Santa Bike' threads myself, I can safely say that you should NOT beat yourself up about someone who doesn't appreciate/deserve what you did for them - you did your best in that scenario based off the poll, dialogue, etc., and that's all you could have done.
:cheers:

Thanks B.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The single speed parts were put on a 12 year olds bike from my neighborhood. I saw her delivering papers on it today. She thanked me with a muffin and a free newspaper. Her father is growing tomatoes for me in his garden. I gave him all the extra smelt I caught. It has really warmed up my new neighbors to my shop. Thanks stinky...

Jim

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Ditto. It's pretty swell what you do. If some don't "get" it, well, I guess that's the risk of doing something selfless. Feeling like sh!t about it is the last thing you should feel. Personally, I'd be pissed.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC

Totally agree, don't beat yourself up stinky. I feel like crap for having cast my vote for the bike going the way it did.

DN, don't you think the four hundred you spent on the donated bike could have rather been spent on a used bike, allowing the one you have to be given to a kid who actually appreciates it?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
No seriously this bicycle is mine now to share videos with whoever I want to. I thank you for the bicycle however a deal is a deal. It is not that I got it for free I put money into it too, over $400. From now on I will post on my photo gallery create privacy and find out who my friends are that want to see it.

If Ridemonkey wants the bike back after I figure out how to get my next one you guys are paying for the shipping. You can have the parts on the bike as you saw it in the video. I love it the way it is. Riding the bicycle is beautiful.

Your donation bike program has sent the Single speed parts to other kids in Rochester NY and stinkyboy keeps the paul chain tensioner. Goodluck with your programs that do get kids bikes. from now on I will post in my own personal threads.
I hope a crack head steals that bike and sells it to some poor deserving kid for $20.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Wow....DN I was KIND OF on board with you there until now. You have a messed up sense of entitlement.
Same here.

Sad that it turned out like this.

SB, what you do is great, don't let this one bad experience stop you!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Same here.

Sad that it turned out like this.

SB, what you do is great, don't let this one bad experience stop you!
Yep. Maybe donating a bike to a deserving kid will inspire them to grow up and be generous and thankful.

You know, like the opposite of how this turned out.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Buzzards seem to swoop in here
You had money to put into a bike that was given to you. Which meant you could have bought a used bike locally. Which meant some poor kid in Phoenix is still on foot.

So in essence, you stole a bike from a child.

Nice one!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
You can give a man a fish and he will eat once, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime
Yeah. This is true.

You can also give a man a really nice, totally usable fishing rod. Then he can spend a bunch of money on it replacing the reel with a fancier Shimano setup, after bitching about it taking too long to get there and not being packed well.

Which means the ungrateful fvck could have just bought his own damn fishing gear.

Then he tells you that you only gave him the fishing rod to make yourself feel good. Which is a really, REALLY dick thing to say.

You actually did it because under your rough exterior you are a genuinely nice guy, but you took the "bait" on this one, hook line and sinker.

Now this guy has a kick ass fishing kit and is being a internet douchebag and you have one less fishing rod to give to a deserving kid.

Enough analogy for ya?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Carl Jung is pronounced Carl Yoong for the record, but thanks for the education.

If the bike program "spoils kids rotten," then I guess it more than spoils adults who can't pay for their own bikes too.

Grow up, man.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
This guy makes me way too irrationally angry.

DN, you're nothing more than a common crackhead bike thief. Go off yourself.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
I don't know why that there are still some non believers in here. However today I am taking the bicycle to the drop in where I volunteer. There will be some people testing it out and others who will get to arrange an opportunity to go offroading with me. In case some of you havent considered what this means, it will mean new monkies, it will inspire people to do whatever it takes to go out and earn bicycles of this caliber. I expect some serious politeness when people start joining here after finding out where the bicycle came from as well. There will be no videos of today but wow will it ever be exciting.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I don't know why that there are still some non believers in here. However today I am taking the bicycle to the drop in where I volunteer. There will be some people testing it out and others who will get to arrange an opportunity to go offroading with me. In case some of you havent considered what this means, it will mean new monkies, it will inspire people to do whatever it takes to go out and earn bicycles of this caliber.....
Homeless Monkees? Like Blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.