Quantcast

Ridemonkey XJ (Cherokee) owners....

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I know there has been a thread on this before, but who out there has a Jeep XJ and have you all got many mods to them? Let's hear some success stories about the best SUV to ever hit the market.

This weekend my GF got stuck on my dad's mile-long driveway after some hella rain washed it out in her Nissan Frontier. She called me at the house on her cell phone crying that she was stuck, so I grabbed the toe strap out the shed and headed down the driveway, man was it destroyed. Anyway, she was off in what was a washed out culvert (sp) about 3 feet deep. She was all like "dont come any closer, you'll get stuck" so I just popped it in 4 low and crawed right across. Tied up the strap and pulled out her 10 years newer truck. Man I love my jeep.

Show some pics of your guys' XJs, if ya could. Mine is a stocker 93 pretty much, but its still the tits.

Way better than an Xterra or a frontier :devil:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BurlySurly said:
What are you Loco Gringo's little brother? **** the grammar.
I bet your GF would have gotten stuck even in your jeep, woman can't drive....

Anyway got pics of her wet and muddy?

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
I drive a Cherokee for work. Given the choice, I'd have picked the Ford Focus wagon....The 4W drivetrain is good, the rest....not so good.

Was her Frontier a 4WD'er? I got a Pathfinder Chillkoot stuck in a ditch once. Seems they(Nissan) don't like to equipe the 4WD'ers with off-road capable tires. They seem to less agressive pattern tires for cumfort/reduced road noise.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
How about you tools start another thread and just leave this to what it was meant to be. Thanks.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
stosh said:
how's it feel?
Well if you drive an Xterra, you deserve it. I mean, a 4runner is a capable machine at least, but I think dude's Focus wagon is better offroad than an xterra is.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
quadricolour said:
Oh no you didn't.
I did, actually.

Just look at what people use for comps. You see more suzuki samauri's than those crappy land crappers. Jeep Copies I mean.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
BurlySurly said:
I did, actually.

Just look at what people use for comps. You see more suzuki samauri's than those crappy land crappers. Jeep Copies I mean.

Yeah.. Cuz they haven't made the landcruisers in about 25 years.

:rolleyes:

There are more Ford Taurus's out there than any of the above.
Does that mean they are better cars?
You don't understand Logic, do you?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
dh girlie said:
CRYING??? Bwahahahahahahahahahaha! CRYING??? :nopity:
Well you know how girls are when they're late for work and feel stupid cos they just crashed off in a big hole. She was crying a little. I kind of like that in a girl :thumb:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Blah blah blah BLAH.

All that stuff ain't gonna help you do any better offroad if you dont gots no skill. If you cant drive, it doesnt really matter what "SUV" you have, you still suck.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
BurlySurly said:
I did, actually.

Yep the baddest rig on the Rubicon right now is a Samauri. I saw the dude PARK IT right on top of a full exocaged Jeep a couple of weeks ago.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
dhtahoe said:
Yep the baddest rig on the Rubicon right now is a Samauri. I saw the dude PARK IT right on top of a full exocaged Jeep a couple of weeks ago.
Do you think such a vehicle even qualifies as a Samauri anymore?

stinky|Dan

Monkey
Aug 3, 2002
-BB- said:
Yeah.. Cuz they haven't made the landcruisers in about 25 years.

:rolleyes:

There are more Ford Taurus's out there than any of the above.
Does that mean they are better cars?
You don't understand Logic, do you?
Correction! Toyota has been making Landcruisers non-stop since their inception.
http://lc100.toyota.com.au/LC10004/HomePage/0,,,00.html

Just because you don't get them in the USA doesn't mean they dont exist. Do you really think you guys are the centre of the known universe? ;)

Dan

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
I loved mine on the trail, a fairly simple 3" lift, un-hooked sway bar, and aired down tires and it did great. I agree, some Dana 44's and lockers would be sweet, but I'm not down with long arm kits for something that may be driven on the road.