Quantcast

Rider Down - Christian Wright

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Found out today that a rider I know pretty well went down really hard in practice in Champery. It's a lot faster for me to copy and paste what is on the facebook page but here it is.

Christian unfortunately had a very serious accident at Champery. He is suffering severe internal bleeding and has a rupture spleen and kindney...plus. He is in a great deal of pain. Clark is on his way right now to Switzerland. Please pray for Christian. The Doctors need to stop the bleeding...it is critical right now. He is in ICU at Chuv Hospital - That was the initial information that I heard.

This was also just posted as well.

Just got off the phone with Christian's mom. Clark (Christian's dad) is on a plane to Switzerland to the hospital where Christian is and he will be arriving around around 11PM tonight. Christian is still bleeding internally even after his emergency surgery. It is likely that he will end up loosing his kidney. His spleen is ruptured too with possible head trauma. Although it's not looking so good everyone has to stay positive please. This is hard on all of us so please pray for him. WE LOVE YOU CHRISTIAN!

Christian is a good kid and amazing rider and have been preying for him all day. He really needs help right now to get through this and as much support as possible. Thought I would share this with all you so you know what's going on. GET BETTER CHRISTIAN!!!!

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Healing vibes from the other side of the Atlantic! Hope everything gets under control soon.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
That really sucks his whole family is so nice and into the race scene. Praying for you my man.

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
That's some bad news to hear, the Wrights are an awesome family that supports the DH scene. Much healing vibes go out to Christian and my thoughts and prayers to the whole family.

Chris

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
That's terrible...

Thoughts and prayers with Christian and his family.

Where on the track at Champery did he go down?
I have no idea. I just heard about it today...not out at the world cup, here in Santa Barbara waiting on a shoulder surgery...and I cracked my rib in my race run in Sol Vista.

Been preying for him quite a bit. He's an awesome rider and has a really really supportive family and I wish him only the best! I was stoked for him when I talked to him in Sol Vista about the race this weekend. Really really sad to hear about what happened.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
This was posted last night from Ben Walker under the live coverage sticky:

"On his first run he cased one of the last big jumps and went over the bars. He got heli'd out and is in the CHUV hospital in Lausanne. I think he has a ruptured spleen and his dad flew over to take care of him. You should contact his dad for more info. "

Hang in there Christian.

Tayrob

Monkey
Jan 3, 2008
More news from his mom,Karen Wright...
Clark just spoke to the Doc. His kidney is going to be ok..still need to work on spleen. Apparently his back brake froze up on the last jump so when he hit the ground his back wheel wasn't spinning as fast..and through him over the bars. He rode the course really well, unfortunately, this one was a mechanical issue. Another CT Scan tomorrow.

Get well soon Christian! We'll all come up to your house when you get home!

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
More news from his mom,Karen Wright...
Clark just spoke to the Doc. His kidney is going to be ok..still need to work on spleen. Apparently his back brake froze up on the last jump so when he hit the ground his back wheel wasn't spinning as fast..and through him over the bars. He rode the course really well, unfortunately, this one was a mechanical issue. Another CT Scan tomorrow.

Get well soon Christian! We'll all come up to your house when you get home!
Thanks for the updatess, keep them coming. Still sending out healing vibes from this side of the pond. Get well soon Christian and hang tough Wright Family.