Quantcast

riders

Hacim

Chimp
Aug 12, 2001
Durango, CO
ok so i know that this is a 12 yr old question and all, but who are your favorite riders? some of my favorite are:

ruben *arguably the best rider ever*
van *manual down handrail, nuff said*
jason enns *one of the smoothest and styliest riders out there*

Attachments

Hacim

Chimp
Aug 12, 2001
Durango, CO
you're right most pro's are overrated; however, ruben and van are not

now if we are talking about ryan nyquist and a lot of the greenville guys then that is a different story

ChrisNJ

Chimp
Feb 26, 2003
jersey
i used to ride w/ van back in the day at flemington in nj...i have some pretty funny pics of him...if i ever buy a scanner ill post :D

Hacim

Chimp
Aug 12, 2001
Durango, CO
that's awesome. i would love to see the pics, & i would also like to add mike aitken to my list of riders i can't believe that i forgot about him.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
anyone who rides to have fun and tries to improve.

it doesn't matter to me if they flat out kill or are just learning double pegs. as long as they are doing it with a smile on their face.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by Mudpuppy
I'm just learning double pegs! w00t! w00t! Feebles are so much easier.
what are you learning them on? a ledge or a ramp?

just stalls or are you grinding?

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
he is learning on the abundance of ledges on campus
and grinding not stalls..
though i just got ice-pick stalls down..
now for grinds

wooga wooga

i need to try a handrail..maybee..

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
doubles always seemed easier 'cause my pegs didn't seem to fall off like it would when learning feebles.

or rather, they seemed easier when trying to go a long distance. stalling either one is/was simple enough. but staying on the ledge my back peg always fell off if i tried to haul ass and grind for days. but w/ double pegs I could stay on for days, provided the ledge was slick enough.

*/sniff sniff (smells around with nose)
"I smell a hijacked thread"

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Well there are not very many slick ledges around. I'm actually pretty sure that is quite a bit of my ease with feebles, less friction on unwaxed ledges. But I have trouble balancing on double peg grinds when I actually have a ledge that the bike doesn't just stop on. I haven't tried any of these things on ramp copings, I'd imaginge it would be harder because of the roundness and the curve of the ramp interfering with my wheels.