Quantcast

Riding at the TTC Gravity Center on Fridays

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
I have most Fridays off, and I'm looking for other people who would want to ride at the TTC Gravity Center on Fridays.

If we can get a couple of other regular riders for Fridays, we can shuttle, and get a good amount of runs in.

Post up if you can ride!

Thanks,
Tryon

sheamus

Chimp
Mar 19, 2008
Athens, GA
I just put down a down-payment on a 2010 Demo 8 I...it's on back order but I don't know how long. As soon as I get it, the first place I want to ride on my new bike is TTC so I will def PM you when I get my bike and you can show me the trails. I would ride up there with my current bike but it's a piece of crap

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
I just put down a down-payment on a 2010 Demo 8 I...it's on back order but I don't know how long. As soon as I get it, the first place I want to ride on my new bike is TTC so I will def PM you when I get my bike and you can show me the trails. I would ride up there with my current bike but it's a piece of crap
Yeah, I'm not surprised that bike is on back order right now. That's a sweet bike! Bring it on over when you get it. We'll be there!

sheamus

Chimp
Mar 19, 2008
Athens, GA
hell yeah, I'll def come up as soon as I get it. I like checkin' out all the videos and photos of the place...y'all are doing a great job, keep up the good work!

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
hell yeah, I'll def come up as soon as I get it. I like checkin' out all the videos and photos of the place...y'all are doing a great job, keep up the good work!
Sounds good man, and we definitely will!

I always have mondays off...
I actually have the ability to change my days off, but I wouldn't be able to do it until April. If you would seriously be up for routine riding, I might be willing to make the switch though! That might be a long commute for you from Bellingham. I grew up in Kent, so I know just how far that is from Sequatchie, TN!

ridefast

Monkey
Jan 25, 2006
Not where I'd like
I cant guarantee every monday (have some gf obligations in tuscaloosa) but pretty close to it.

Yea, the Bham commute would be a pain...luckily Im living in the 'noog right now ;)

PM me with your info, we can look to schedule sometime...i dont know anyone/where to ride around here yet. Ive met and talked to D. Snyder a few times...supposed to be rippin some trails today...or maybe building, so we'll see

holla

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
I cant guarantee every monday (have some gf obligations in tuscaloosa) but pretty close to it.

Yea, the Bham commute would be a pain...luckily Im living in the 'noog right now ;)

PM me with your info, we can look to schedule sometime...i dont know anyone/where to ride around here yet. Ive met and talked to D. Snyder a few times...supposed to be rippin some trails today...or maybe building, so we'll see

holla
Sounds good, will do.

Nice!!

sheamus

Chimp
Mar 19, 2008
Athens, GA
Yeah, I got a better idea of how steep it was every time the camera man/helmet cam man turned around and filmed the riders behind him. Is that a brand new trail y'all just built?

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Yep. Another new trail. Not done yet, but we've been hammering it out. I haven't put in nearly the time on this trail as others have. It's taken them some serious benching.

PCC

Chimp
Dec 4, 2003
Ga, the flat part
I've also been looking at your pics and videos. Looks like you're making great progress. Here's a question for you.

How's cell reception at your place?? Since I'm in sales cell reception is very important. As long as I could receive messages and return calls during the shuttles I could make some friday rides work. Everybody know sales guys only work half a day on fridays anyway.

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Haha, I WISH I only worked half days on Fridays! I'm in new home sales, and even when I'm 'OFF', I still end up replying to calls and emails all day!

Cell service depends on your carrier. Verizon seems to work great out there; I have both AT&T and TMobile, and they both are spotty at the bottom of the hill, but I generally get good reception at the top of the mountain. I haven't heard results on any other companies. Who do you use?

PCC

Chimp
Dec 4, 2003
Ga, the flat part
Yeah that half day thing is a joke, as far as my boss knows:thumb:. I get calls starting at 5 in the morning until I cut my electronic leash off around 7 in the evening.

Can't do tomorrow had one of those pesky customers call today wanting to go to lunch tomorrow to discuss "business". Maybe next week. I'll pm you my email address

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
How's the shuttle road look for sat. A bunch of us are coming from Louisiana. 2wd , 4wd , rhino?
Looks like the shuttle road is going to be slick; if you guys want to bring up a Rhino, we can certainly use it! But we can probably make do with a couple of 4x4's. Looks like we're going to have a great turnout, maybe 15+ people. We've got some new Nashville guys coming to try it out too.

Yeah that half day thing is a joke, as far as my boss knows:thumb:. I get calls starting at 5 in the morning until I cut my electronic leash off around 7 in the evening.

Can't do tomorrow had one of those pesky customers call today wanting to go to lunch tomorrow to discuss "business". Maybe next week. I'll pm you my email address
Yeah, shoot me your info man and we'll get out there. I can't do it next week, but I probably can the following Friday.

Tryon