Quantcast

Riding in Aspen....

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
So i am taking a trip to aspen this week and am wondering what the conditions are like. I know snowmass is not operating lifts so I assume DH is out of the question as I do not have a shuttle. Are there any type of freeride trails or just fun switchback single track to ride?

I will prolly rent a bike , I ride mainly freeride and DH so I dont wantto do a whole lot of climbing..

any recomendations

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Lotta snow in the high country sill....Just got back from Crested Butte where a whopping 4 trails are open, and they're currently shoveling snow off the course we're supposed to race this coming weekend. Basically, anything over about 9,000 will be off limits.....Good luck to you, I think I heard Sol Vista opened though....Might change your plans a little and head over there.....

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
Yea wish I could make it to sol vista, its a trip with the girlfriend and family so biking will be second although we have a god 1 or 2 days planned for biking. Seemed at snowmass a bike shop right by rented Spec Demos which would be a nice ride

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
You are looking at driving a good 30 minutes to get to any trails. Even when there is no snow there is not much riding in Aspen except at Snowmass.