Quantcast

Riding in Sedona

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
So I got a deal for free lodging in sedona for a week in July and I'm trying to decide if I should take it or not since gas prices suck, and airfare is a little $$ for just going to see a city I've never seen before.

I'm down for the occasional XC ride, however I still like a little more gravity fun in my riding. I don't mind pedaling up as long as the decent is fun. I'm probably going to bring a 5" am bike if I go. Are there good places to ride in Sedona for someone like me?

scrider

Chimp
May 2, 2004
Phoenix
Sedona in July will be hot. 90+ degrees and the heat off the rocks will make it feel even hotter. Flag is 45 minutes north and a much better option for AZ summers.
J

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I once rode in Sedona in August. 90 degree heat didn't seem so bad after two weeks of Phoenix at 110. You can hit the trails early to beat some of the heat.

There are a ton of fun opportunities for a trailbike. The back of Submarine rock is fun to play on and the ride down from Chicken Point is a must do. Check with the folks at the Bike and Bean for where to ride.