Quantcast

ridng in long beach/ irvine area

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
Freride_Pyro said:
I'm thinking about moving to Irvine and i was wondering if there is any good dh/freeriding, and dirtjumps in the area.

Thanks
CJ
Great places to go in the area are seen below:
(1) Top of the World (Laguna Beach). Check out Telonics (tight, steep but rutted single - my fav. Has a tight 3 -4 ft drop), Stairstep (lots of big drops!!), Carwreck (closed to bikers for now :rolleyes: ), and Lynx/Cholla loop (fast single).
(2) El Moro Canyon (Newport/Laguna) - somewhat limited. Good place to go down is Rattesnake. Its kinda short (maybe 500' elev. drop, 1 mile long) but hella fun to fly down. The problem: a$$ kicking climb to get to Rattlesnake, especially when pedaling a 40 # tank.
(3) UC Irvine campus - lots o' urban stuff there. Tons to do! Go around 600ish when the campus is no so crowded.
(4) DJ over at Turtlerock. The singletrack can be visible on Mount Irvine (I call it that. Its over by Concordia Univ).

Tons of places to ride within 10 minutes drive in Irvine/Newport area. The problem: its hella expensive to live there! Houses cost like a grand a month. I'm talking a 400 sq. ft. studio... hehehe :rolleyes: If you need any help finding a place to live, I could perhaps hook you up with a place.