Quantcast

rigid fork for dirt/street bike

JTVW

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
somewhere hot
Check it yo! I gots me a P1 fo dirt jumpin and tearin up the streets. I am thinking about puttin on a rigid fork for some of that big bmx gangsta stylez.
What do you guys think?
Good Idea/Bad Idea?

urbanhuckbot

Monkey
May 28, 2004
PooMan said:
Check it yo! I gots me a P1 fo dirt jumpin and tearin up the streets. I am thinking about puttin on a rigid fork for some of that big bmx gangsta stylez.
What do you guys think?
Good Idea/Bad Idea?

there is no "gansta" in bmx style,

and the proper english is "gangster styles"

I love the way american youth are indoctrinated to the lowest common denominator

JTVW

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
somewhere hot
I'm terribly sorry, urbanhuckbot, for my inappropriate mishandling of the english language, but seeing as how many of todays bicycle riders, or at least the ones who would be able to respond to my query, speak in a tongue which disregards the rules of proper grammar that both you and I were taught. Therefore I felt it essential to present my predicament in a way that would allow the average youth to understand and identify with.
Now, if you will not take it too harshly, what is all of this talk about grammar really doing for me? It is certainly not helping me decide whether or not to place a rigid fork on my Specialized P.1 bicycle. Pardon my harshness, but unless good grammar will make me go faster, higher, farther, smoother, or generally increase the pleasure that is experienced by me while I am riding my bike, then please do not waste my time, your own time, or anyone else's time by pointing out a joke, which is a joke, though funny at the time, that I now wish that I had never made. I apologize to those who actually read this, and to those who skipped the main body to read the conclusion, I assure you that you missed nothing.

CowboyLeo

Chimp
Feb 12, 2003
2 oh 2
PooMan said:
I'm terribly sorry, urbanhuckbot, for my inappropriate mishandling of the english language, but seeing as how many of todays bicycle riders, or at least the ones who would be able to respond to my query, speak in a tongue which disregards the rules of proper grammar that both you and I were taught. Therefore I felt it essential to present my predicament in a way that would allow the average youth to understand and identify with.
Now, if you will not take it too harshly, what is all of this talk about grammar really doing for me? It is certainly not helping me decide whether or not to place a rigid fork on my Specialized P.1 bicycle. Pardon my harshness, but unless good grammar will make me go faster, higher, farther, smoother, or generally increase the pleasure that is experienced by me while I am riding my bike, then please do not waste my time, your own time, or anyone else's time by pointing out a joke, which is a joke, though funny at the time, that I now wish that I had never made. I apologize to those who actually read this, and to those who skipped the main body to read the conclusion, I assure you that you missed nothing.
Ha! I don't think urbanhuckbot was serious, at least I hope he wasn't :think:

Anyways, rigid is awsome, You get alot more control and don't lose energy to the bobing of a suspension fork. It'll also make your head angle nice and quick and lighten the front end up. Over all it will make you go faster, higher, farther, smoother and generally increase the pleasure experienced by you while you are riding your bike. :thumb:

Attachments

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
PooMan said:
I am thinking about puttin on a rigid fork for some of that big bmx gangsta stylez.
What do you guys think?
Good Idea/Bad Idea?
Do it. The only problem I found is after riding a fully rigid MTB is that riding a BMX was even more fun so I sold the MTB.

JTVW

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
somewhere hot
CowboyLeo said:
Ha! I don't think urbanhuckbot was serious, at least I hope he wasn't :think:

Anyways, rigid is awsome, You get alot more control and don't lose energy to the bobing of a suspension fork. It'll also make your head angle nice and quick and lighten the front end up. Over all it will make you go faster, higher, farther, smoother and generally increase the pleasure experienced by you while you are riding your bike. :thumb:

I hope he wasn't serious, cause I wasn't

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
Try it. I ran rigid for a while last year when I was super-poor. Learned how to DJ, and do some drops on it. Yah, it'll beat up your wrist a little bit at the beginning, but eventually, I learned how to get smoother by necessity. I mean, rigid forks are what, like $50 new, so it's something worth trying. Go for it, see if you like it. Right now, I have the rigid laying around as a spare fork in case I ever need it or feel the urge to run it. You can never have too many forks.

Legion

Chimp
Jun 28, 2004
How big do you (want to) go? You're not gonna do 6' drops on a rigid bike and enjoy it. Of course it's possible, but I've found a little suspension installs more confidence and doesn't leave you with a headache after an afternoon of riding. I ride ridgid myself, but hey, I'm a xc-pussy turned street, fine with everything that keeps my wheels to the ground, but a ****ty jumper, I reckon you're not thát bad. My fork makes for an excellent excuse not to rip up every single spot...

PS. go for wiiiiide tires, big difference...

Johnny Wadd

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Brooklyn
I am running dual 24s on a brooklyn Park and I am poor , I am also looking for a rigid fork, whats out there? Who do you reccomend? S&M Pitch Fork? DMR ? Gack?

thanks

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
Think the S&M is a BMX fork. I have a Planet X Knifen fork that was about $80 from Unreal Cycles, super beefy fork, 3.something lbs of straight gauge steel. Think Kona and Surly make some that are more like $40-50. Good luck. Check out unrealcycles.com and webcyclery.com for rigid fork ideas