Quantcast

RIP Titus

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Glad I sold mine now...
Great bike, fun to ride, craptacular customer service.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
"Even I had to fly to China" - nuff said.

Titus as a company had no bones, nothing more than a chi chi market brand sourced in China in order to maximize short term profits. Meh... they're not the only ones who lacked control of their supply lines.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I saw a good buddy almost get stabbed to death from a Titus top tube after it cracked in 2 from a small drop.

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
GOOD, after seeing firsthand the BS that Chris Cocalis pulled on some customers, I can say that I am amazed that this didn't happen when he primarily owned it.

I do feel bad for their customers though

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
My Locomoto was a decent bike, but then again I didn't really know any better back then. All I knew is that it was anodized and that was cool, although it wasn't bead-blasted and that kinda pissed me off. But they just told me they hoped I liked my new bike with its "unique" finish, even though it wasn't what I ordered. When it cracked a few months later at the headtube junction like many others, I got a new one for free but it was several months' more wait.

Still, the Quasi was always a cool bike and I always wanted one, especially the one the Speedgoat owner had posted on his site--mounted with a big Hannebrink up front as his "XC" bike. I was big into that anodized, oversized thing circa 2000. Glad I went with the RFX instead, though.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I guess that's the nature of business. Plenty of other good bikes made by good people out there.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I do remember seriously lusting after a Racer-X my senior year of high school when I worked in a shop that was hot on Titus. Glad I never got one, I wouldn't have liked it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I do remember seriously lusting after a Racer-X my senior year of high school when I worked in a shop that was hot on Titus. Glad I never got one, I wouldn't have liked it.
I have sold many of Titus' bicycles. I think if you polled most of those owners today they might still love and ride them. Titus made some nice bikes. Never my cup of tea, but still fine bikes.... It didn't suck selling them. It does however suck that another builder has gone under or away. To me atleast.

Apr 22, 2003
Lower VT
Jesus, did anybody read that article?

"The company, well known for its customer service..." Technically that's a true statement, but not in the way MBA says it...
"Still, as is common in any liquidation, the best that can be hoped for is that someone will buy the rights to the Titus name and technology and relaunch the company." Uh, what technology would that be? The Horst link?

I own a Motolite and like it just fine, but I'll be keeping my eyes out for a replacement frame just in case I break this one. Been lusting after a Banshee Rune anyway...