Quantcast

Risse Lassen

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
I have had this bike for a few years with various builds, but this one is the best feeling so far. Its mostly set up for freeride and technical dh trails, very responsive feeling bike.
The Risse frame is pretty much the erector set of bike frames as its very adjustable.
So does Transend approve? (its his old race frame). :)

L

luelling

You've got to be kidding me, that think looks like crap. I had a friend who was on the team with Bird and had one of those bikes and nothing good ever came out of his mouth about. He dumped it first chance he had.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
I didn't mean in a technical manner,Faux bars are one of my least favorite design,I just meant all the Black silver and machining look.Asthetically not technically.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
The only time it creaks is if I have the fox shock on it instead of the risse. The spring diameter must be a hair larger and will rub the inside of the lower seat mast if the spring isn't turned to the right spot.
Last time I talked to the Risse guys I think they said that they have made about 25 frames.
The same modular rear end has been used on the Remec carbon and Curtis uk dh bikes.
I wouldn't want to race this bike (frame geometry wise, I like slacker bikes), but its an interesting frame and fun to play around with the adjustments on it.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
How does it feel with the 24" rear wheel and tall 888? Does it feel like a chopper (front wheel lob side to side) or does it steer pretty well? I always liked the look and adjustability of that frame. Sweet color combo too.

I would think it would ride better with 26s and flat crowns.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
How does it feel with the 24" rear wheel and tall 888? Does it feel like a chopper (front wheel lob side to side) or does it steer pretty well? I always liked the look and adjustability of that frame. Sweet color combo too.

I would think it would ride better with 26s and flat crowns.
I rode it wirth both, it definitely rode better with a pair of 26" wheels. The only issue was that teh original rear I had was a little too tight for good mud clearance with a 2.35" 26 rear tire.

No creaks etc, it was rock solid, albeit a tad on the heavy side. The seat tower had an issue with folding, which apparently they sorted out in the next batch (which they sent one of to RD3).

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
It doesn't feel like a chopper at all. It is a quick steering bike. I agree flat crowns would be nicer.
I also have a 26" d321 rear wheel for it with a 20mm razor rock hub. The frame came with 3 different sets of drop outs, 20mm ones for the rr hub, qr set and one in between.
I am usually not partial to 24" / 26", but for this bike it feels the most comfortable for me.
Like Transend said, the frame had been solid, I have not had any major issues with it.