Quantcast

Road Trip 2007 - Moab/Fruita/Gunnison

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Here are some pics of our spring trip in Moab/Fruita and Gunnison

For once its not just Karine and me on vacation... We were able to drag two other member of the Crazy Fast French Canadians!

We drove down from Montreal straight to Moab in 3 days... long drive but well worth it!

On with some pics!

The crew on Sovereing Singletrack

Small drop at the start of Amasa Back

Bigger drop on Porcupine Rim

Evil flies off a rock ledge on Porcupine Rim

Karine climbing Slickrock

Myself on Horsethief Bench

Technical section on Steve's Loop

Full throttle on Kessel Run!

Karine hanging on Frontside

Sunset at Dead Horse Point State Park

Some statistics: 14 rides - 234 miles - 31,646 feets (vertical gain)

For some french complete description of our rides and some GPS files, and the most important... LOTS MORE PICTURES!
Go see our Blog at http://bikeblog.canalblog.com

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Glad you all enjoyed!

Eventually they will be more of our previous trip added to the blog.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
it's great knowing the trails that you are riding there...that drop on porcy is a bit bigger than it looks in the pic, is that the upper one or the lower...there are a couple right in that area...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
wow just saw you came from Montreal...our first time out there we drove straight from pittsburgh pa 30 hours with almost no stops 1 eating stop and rode our brains out on porcy the next day.

Jun 17, 2007
Funny, we just did the exact same trip from southern Ontario! We added on a few rides in the butte though. The higher elevation rides were closed but even the lower rides are sooooooo good.

Nowhere like the butte!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Yeah Crested Butte is awsome! We did some of the village trails in 2003, but we were there for the 401 and it was just spectacular!!

Attachments

Jun 17, 2007
Nice photo! Is that deer creek? Deer creek is actually one of the few well known rides I have not yet ridden in Crested Butte. If you ever have the chance check out Doctors park and Reno Flag Bear Deadmans. If you want to make it epic, combine the two!

Happy trails, Dylan

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Nice photo! Is that deer creek? Deer creek is actually one of the few well known rides I have not yet ridden in Crested Butte. If you ever have the chance check out Doctors park and Reno Flag Bear Deadmans. If you want to make it epic, combine the two!

Happy trails, Dylan
We did an epic a few years back combining a road ride from Cement Creek back into the Butte, then up to do Upper/Upper-Upper, 409, Reno-Flag-Bear-Dead. We were a couple miles short of 50... :thumb:

Jun 17, 2007
All the fresher for those blazing fast downhills! I took a group of coloradans up there last summer after they were trying to talk me into doing Teo. Lets just say they didn't regret it. When the bear creek descent is in nice shape it is definitely one of the most fun stetches of trail I have ever ridden!

Good times

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
All the fresher for those blazing fast downhills! I took a group of coloradans up there last summer after they were trying to talk me into doing Teo. Lets just say they didn't regret it. When the bear creek descent is in nice shape it is definitely one of the most fun stetches of trail I have ever ridden!
When we rode it the motos had fuskered up Flag pretty good. :(

The descent to Bear was $$, though. As was Deadman's. :thumb:

Perhaps a few photos are in order.

Jun 17, 2007
Nice photos, when I get better at this computer thingy I will post some of mine. Are you heading there at all this year? I will be there the first 2 weeks of Sept.

Should be prime!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Nice photos, when I get better at this computer thingy I will post some of mine. Are you heading there at all this year? I will be there the first 2 weeks of Sept.

Should be prime!
I'm going to go the weekend after the 4th of July. I've got relatives that live north of the G-Spot. We try to visit them somewhat frequently... dunno if I'm going to get to ride, though, what with the gimpy ankle and all.