Quantcast

rock shox pyslo?

smitty

Chimp
Aug 17, 2004
Hey guys ive bean looking for a new fork recently and i thought a rock shox psylo would be pretty good for my p.2. Im a light rider around about 100 pounds and i do mostly trail riding, 4x racing(or at least i hope to continue to do so) and some light jumping. I hope to get better however and do more jumping. So do you guys think its any good And do you think the model (sl-xc-race) would make a big difference. thanks guys.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Didn't you already make this exact same post?

The Psylos are okay forks. They're inexpensive and lightweight, and would work pretty well for a lighter-weight rider.

Don't bother with the Race model. Get the SL if you want the lockout/pseudo-compression-adjust. I ran the XC model for a while and, while I wasn't a huge fan of the fork, I really can't complain considering the price and weight. There are better forks on the market but be prepared to spend more money.

BigStonz

Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
Swain!! NY
I weigh 160. My psylo lasted about 4-5 months before the rebound **** the bed. I didn't really beat on much either. I would say there are better options.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
If you get a Psylo, make sure they're 2003 and up. The ones before felt like garbage. All the ones I felt after that felt nice. Don't get the one with the lockout, you'll never use it and it's a pain to rebuild if you get air in the system. Get the XC version.