Quantcast

Rock Shox Vivid 5.1

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Love my vivid on my Blindside, best shock I have ever ridden, the dual stage rebound makes a huge difference on the control of the travel, fast initial stroke so it does not pack up at speed and slow ending stroke so it doesn't kick on hard hits. it pedals well with the twist of the low speed compression knob, and the price is a fair chunk less the the DHX.

Oh and best of all it actually has mid stroke dampening un-like my DHX 5 on my bottle rocket that blows through travel on every hit, as soon as a vivid is available for my BR it will have one and the DHX will be gone.

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
i love my vivid, i need to get a new spring rate but what a shock. i would pick it over the dhx for sure.

rgnkjn

Chimp
Apr 17, 2007
I have a vivid 5.1 for a blindside if anyone is interested. fresh from sram, never used. spring was used for a few months though. pm if interested.

Fromet

Monkey
May 26, 2006
Seattle
Thanks for all of your feedback. I know Rock Shox have been making some killer forks lately but have not heard much about the Vivid. Have any of you owners played with the different end stroke bumpers included with the shock? The high and low speed rebound sounds great but I'm worried about lack of compression adjustability. I'm running a DHX 3.0 now and it just doesn't perform well in different situations, i.e. I can get it to take hits well but not stutter or vice versa.