Quantcast

Rolling curvy singletrack

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
You know. Normally I am a technical singletrack buff... that is what I focus on riding 75% of the time, but really nothng compares to a good fast and smooth but very curvy singletrack through the woods. Yesterday's ride was all razor thin trail, all curvy, fast and smooth... just a frikkin blast!!!!

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I concur.

We normally ride big stuff with lots of climbing and rocks and try to finish up with a nice long tech descent.

Only recently we made our way over to one the local parks that we've avoided for years due to our understanding of it being an 'easy' place to ride. It's an ~10 mile loop of fast, rolly, twisty singlestrack pretty much the whole way. You can spin out loops in under an hour and do as many as you want. The place is just plain fun and they're starting to incorporate small bumps and ttfs to get more people there.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
sounds fun...I took my new bike for it's first ride after work yeeehaw.....my buddy bailed because of something?? my nephew ended up wanting to go so off we went...I recently found some trails like that... just flowing and a blast I wish there was about forty more miles ......

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
That's what makes the Kingdom Trails so different compared to most of the stuff around where I am. So much fun!!!
the kingdom is sweet like that!

we have a bunch of different places to ride that all offer sections of fast swooping single track, that back it up with a climb and a bunch of logs to cross. It makes for a great all around work out!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I concur.

The place is just plain fun and they're starting to incorporate small bumps and ttfs to get more people there.

Rosaryville by chance? I ride there all the time. I love it and the faster you can ride the better it gets. It's basically one long pump track. I just wish it had berms.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I love the fast stuff too.. except I need to be in the mood for it. usually I prefer the more challenging stuff that gets your heart rate up in a different way... but I guess i'd take either one any day of the week

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
This thread inspired me. Last night I did some super-fast curvey single track. I was playing chase with newish monkey pirate28. It was real dry and loose and we were drifting through all the corners. I tried to stay about 2 wheel lengths back and just on the verge of out-of-control. You really get a sense of speed when you are following somebody so close. So fun.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Rosaryville by chance? I ride there all the time. I love it and the faster you can ride the better it gets. It's basically one long pump track. I just wish it had berms.
You got it. That trail got cut NICE. Big props. I will definately help with trail maintainance / new construction there.

This rain should help tack stuff down there. Just wish it was easier for me to get across the bridge.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
You got it. That trail got cut NICE. Big props. I will definately help with trail maintainance / new construction there.

This rain should help tack stuff down there. Just wish it was easier for me to get across the bridge.
Yeah, I've done a few work days out there and plan to do a few more. This fall they are starting an interior loop that in principle should have a fair number of extra "features" similar to the log ride near the road crossing. Let's cross our fingers.

Yeah that bridge is the reason I've only been to 495 once. Riding just isn't enough incentive for me to head to NOVA from Naptown.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
where were ya ridin Jon?
We rode over at turkey but put together a trail sequence that was all rollers and tight singletrack... Rode the race line from the recent race that is East of the upper lot, took it around and back to the beginning of the snake then we took the mystery trail back out... which obviouslty was a lot of nasty rocky climbing. It was one of the better rides I have had over at Turkey in a long time.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
cool

yeah, the snake line down to the pepsi plant is a really fun flowy line, I have thought about making off shoots of the trail that have some kickers or stunts going down that way, ending at the rock drop by the pepsi plant and shuttling back to the top

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
cool

yeah, the snake line down to the pepsi plant is a really fun flowy line, I have thought about making off shoots of the trail that have some kickers or stunts going down that way, ending at the rock drop by the pepsi plant and shuttling back to the top
That stunt area down toward the bottom is insane now... great area for it though.
I dont have the gear or balls (for that matter) to hit 80% of it.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
yeah, it's pretty hairy some of it. Actually the roller coaster is really easy and has a drop off ramp at the end of it where you can roll back down to the ground. Just getting used to being 12' in the air on your bike is the thing.