Quantcast

rotor burns

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
this last friday i was up at whistler with my new bike and after my third run down a-line i was still messing with the rear shock to try and make it feel just right. So i get to the bottom and steady the bike between my legs and reach down to grab the compression nob when the bike tilts to one side and :sizzle: my leg gets stuck o the rotor and you can hear the sweat and smell the hair being burnt. Now i have this hayes rotor pattern burnt on to my leg and it's all sick looking. Anyone else ever get bioch slapped by there rotor like this?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
that happened to me in Moab, after a descent where i thought the seat was crooked. straddled over the rear wheel to set the position and thought i was getting stung by some angry bees. had a nice tattoo for the rest of the trip, but it wasn't the entire rotor. i think that's the sort of thing which only happens once.

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
HippieKai said:
Anyone else ever get bioch slapped by there rotor like this?
Yep, I crashed at the end of a long and steep DH-section, my left leg was trapped under the bike... and the rotor...those few seconds felt like hours.

Burned skin & hair stinks.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Yeah, mine turned nice and scabby. Damn thing lingered forever and is still a little pink...

It happened just after a creek cross on a nice steep bank, I went over and my bike sat on my leg for a while before I could get it off. :dead:

Riff Raff

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Back in Boulder ready ta ride
HippieKai said:
my leg gets stuck o the rotor and you can hear the sweat and smell the hair being burnt. Now i have this hayes rotor pattern burnt on to my leg and it's all sick looking. Anyone else ever get bioch slapped by there rotor like this?

I've been down that road.....

Attachments

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
HippieKai said:
nice to se i'm not the only idiot :D
well I don't know if I'd say that... but you aren't the only one with a burnt leg.

I got myself racing in Utah a few years back, was having an issue with my front brake lever so I walked around front to steady the bike with my legs and SSSSSSSS Ouch, and all you saw was some tall skinny kid runnin threw the parking yellin.

Oh and there is more exposed front rotor to burn yourself on than the one in the back. :thumb:

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
slcpunk21 said:
well I don't know if I'd say that... but you aren't the only one with a burnt leg.

I got myself racing in Utah a few years back, was having an issue with my front brake lever so I walked around front to steady the bike with my legs and SSSSSSSS Ouch, and all you saw was some tall skinny kid runnin threw the parking yellin.

Oh and there is more exposed front rotor to burn yourself on than the one in the back. :thumb:
Funny, I could just see you running around utah screaming like a girl...that would be a funny site indeed.

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Roasted said:
Funny, I could just see you running around utah screaming like a girl...that would be a funny site indeed.
Yeah just about as funny as your ogar butt doing ninja kicks while drunk and pulling a hamstring, and thus not being able to ride for weeks....

:eek:

Don't worry you might not seem me run around screaming like a girl, but soon you'll be able to see me ride like a girl.. haha..

:D

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
When I first got into MTB and I had hayes discs on my bike, I had to take the rear off after a long decent. I accidently touched it and burned a hole in my glove and gave my thumb a nice blister. I'll never make that mistake again.

I wonder how hair/flesh goes with Hayes pads? LOL I noticed after my glove and thumb melted to the rotor my pads shortly gave out. I learned my lesson though.

THEY GET FU*&KIN HOT fast, hehe