Quantcast

rototiller?

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
i was wondering since i am the only builder at my trails(DJ's) i was wondering if using a rototiller to help dig out the flatbottoms between landings to takeoffs to make a more constant tranny? or is this a bad way to apporach this? keep in mind i am the only builder. and the rototiller has about a 3 foot wide track.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
we use a rototiller for exactly that purpose. cheaper that a bobcat and can get into tighter areas...still a lot of work. the tiller also does a great job of tearing through the top layer of organic / fine root filled soil that you find in the woods here...

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
Tried it at my place and because I borrowed a POS tiller from a friend never got to do it because the tiller would never run right. I think it would work great and I will probably rent one and try again.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
As a lil kid ( 4th-6th grade ) I had a RC car track in our side/back yard it was pretty decent sized and every year we would go throught with the Rototiller to stirr up the weeds and re-do the track layout . Now that I look back I might have been one of the first people with a backyard pump track , I used to take my GT around the track to pack the turns and jumps for the cars.