Quantcast

Rubes Fight Tyranny with White Privilege and a Farcical Justice System

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
All your calls are belong to us.

At 2:15 p.m., OPB received a call from a blocked number. The anonymous caller said that all lines of communication to the militants still inside the refuge had been cut at 12:50 p.m. and that further calls and updates would not be possible. The caller declined multiple requests to identify himself.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So I have to ask: Shouldn't the last 4 just give up?

The remaining 4 have said they aren't leaving unless they are assured they won't get arrested. Now they have been named in the indictment and will have to stand trial. I doubt the court will let them phone in for trial and the FBI has cut the communications in/out from there anyway.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So I have to ask: Shouldn't the last 4 just give up?

The remaining 4 have said they aren't leaving unless they are assured they won't get arrested. Now they have been named in the indictment and will have to stand trial. I doubt the court will let them phone in for trial and the FBI has cut the communications in/out from there anyway.
They'll get hungry eventually.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
What's funny is that the last remaining four "militants" were not part of the original group and were given ample opportunity to just walk away before things escalated.

Kind of reminds of this scene from A Bronx Tale:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Congressman Has Plan To Force Bundy Militants, Not Taxpayers, To Foot Bill For Occupation

If enacted, H.R.4431 would require the federal government to reimburse state and local law enforcement agencies for security costs above their standard budget incurred during the threat to the Malheur preserve — which is federal, not state or local, land.

Then Congressman Blumenauer wants the government to send the bill to the Bundys. Although Blumenauer’s bill would have the federal government immediately reimburse the state and local agencies, section 2 of Blumenauer’s bill would allow the attorney general to sue the occupiers for the cost after the federal government reimburses the local agencies.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I wonder how much it is going to cost to clean the smell of cowshit and anal lube out of the gift shop?
I say treat it like the Reston Monkey House. Bleach it from top to bottom, then burn it to the ground. You will never get the Bundy funk off that place.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Reminds me of in Cadillac Desert (about half way through- really enjoying it) when large businesses would send "private citizens" out to stake personal claims along waterways and other valuable land, only to turn it over and amass land for the rich.

How is this shit still going on????

Next thing you know some rich fuck will be trying to turn Yosemite into a reservoir again.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It isn't a coincidence that the timing of this coincides with a bunch (37 I have heard) bills being put to legislation to privatize federal lands. Of course this privatization will not benefit the aw shucks salt of the earth rancher types, but oil companies, corporate farms, lumber contracts etc. This guys are just the dimwitted shills of the likes of the Koch brothers.
Post 28, Just sayin'

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
This is the gift that keeps on giving.

KOIN6 said:
Cliven Bundy, the patriarch of a Nevada ranching family, was arrested upon arrival at PDX Wednesday night.

The 74-year-old was arrested by Portland FBI agents on a federal hold.

His specific charges have not yet been released.

Bundy is currently lodged in Multnomah County Jail. His booking photo is being temporarily withheld, the FBI said.

http://koin.com/2016/02/10/cliven-bundy-arrested-by-fbi-after-flying-into-pdx/?cid=twitter_KOINNews