Quantcast

Sad again

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Cracked my Eastern Black Betty... again. Mind you this is the warrantied one, all of 2 weeks old. Super bummed. The quest for the perfect frame continues.

:(

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
how and where about on the frame. I can't belive this as i have heard "lots" of eastern frames breaking online but we must sell 30-40 (bmx and mtb) easterns a year and i have yet to see one come back broken

TaRd

Chimp
Aug 21, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
I rode an eastern for a while and went to the DoB... after all was said and done I am glad I gave up on the eastern and the bikes feel very similar. Might be a path worth checking out, and sorry to hear about the **** luck with the frames.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
superco is looking pretty good right now eh? =)
shush yoooouuu.

It's cracked on the headtube gusset, right on the weld. The same exact place the first one cracked. I am headed up to the Eastern warehouse Thursday to try to clear this whole thing up. I will probably take home a Nightrain frame instead of another Betty. If that breaks...

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
how and where about on the frame. I can't belive this as i have heard "lots" of eastern frames breaking online but we must sell 30-40 (bmx and mtb) easterns a year and i have yet to see one come back broken
I ride park and dirt most. I am not the smoothest rider ever, but I am pretty damn smooth.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
So I went to Eastern today, they had the new 2011 Eastern Betty's but none in 10mm, the new ones have a nice big gusset on the headtube as opposed to the old tiny headset. Since they didn't have what I needed, I saw an old Eastern Warthog sitting in a box and asked if I could have that for the time being, they said sure and I built it up. Even though the geo is whack, its kinda fun to goof around on.

For having huge heavy cranks, its not too heavy 27lbs.